FLAME Discipline Plan
Dear Parents and Students,
Discipline and structure in a classroom setting are very important to the success of learning. In order to maintain a positive atmosphere, we will be using the following guidelines in F.L.A.M.E.
Make good choices:
- I will complete my class work and homework in a quality manner.
- I will listen and follow directions.
- I will be responsible for myself.
Show respect for others and their property.
Always do your personal best:
- I will always show quality behavior.
- I will do my personal best on all activities and projects.
Students all begin their day at “Time to Launch” and may work their way up to good behavior “Blasting Off”, “Soaring in the Galaxy” which earns one star card at the end of the day, or “Out of this World” which earns two star cards. Students may use these star cards to purchase incentives in the classroom once they have earned enough.
If, however, there are behavior issues, the following consequences occur:
- 1st consequence: Warning
- 2nd consequence: Take a time out and write a reflection regarding the behavior
- 3rd consequence: Take a further time out, write a second reflection with a copy of reflection to classroom teacher and home for signature and return
- Repeat or severe: Immediate referral and parent
It is in your child’s best interest that we work together with regard to his or her academic progress and behavior in FLAME. Please feel free to contact me through the school office at 671-7250 or via e-mail at Michael.Allard@marion.k12.fl.us.
I have discussed this plan with your child and it is posted in our classroom.
Teacher of the Gifted