*Convertible tights have a small hole on the bottom of the foot that can be pulled up over the ankle, converting them to footless tights (with the seam landing at the ankle).
**Remember shoes must be completely black without any stripes or color on them at all.
SEMESTER SHOW INFORMATION
The dates are Tuesday, May 15th for K&1, Wednesday, May 16th for 2&3, and Thursday, May 17th for 4&5. These shows will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. and be approximately an hour to 90 min. so please make arrangements to be there! The following is a list of things your dancer will need for the performance. If there’s a hardship concerning dance attire, please contact Mrs. Denesha, guidance counselor by April 13th.
- Kindergarten girls will need spaghetti strap black leotard and tan tights (*convertible). Boys will need plain black pants, black shirt, and no shoes for either group.
- ALL of 1st grade girls will need black spaghetti strap leotard, tan tights, and **black shoes (no heels/dress). Boys will need plain black pants, black shirt, and **black shoes.
- ALL of 2nd grade girls will need black spaghetti strap leotard and tan tights (*convertible). Boys will need black shirt and black pants. Tap shoes are provided.
- ALL 3rd grade girls will need black spaghetti strapped leotard and tan tights (*convertible). Boys, black pants, black shirt, and no shoes for either group.
- ALL 4th grade girls will need a black spaghetti strapped leotard, black full length pants, and black shoes. Boys need a black shirt, black pants, and **black shoes.
- ALL 5th grade girls will need a black spaghetti strapped leotard, black full length pants and **black shoes. Boys need black shirt, pants, and **black shoes.
- All girls should have hair in either a high pony tail or bun. No jewelry or finger nail polish is to be worn and tan tights are to be non-shiny. Boys must wear all black socks if needed. *Convertible tights have a small hole on the bottom of the foot that can be pulled up over the ankle, converting them to footless tights (with the seam landing at the ankle). Assignment
- In order to help prevent misunderstanding the day of the show, students must bring the Share Show items in for approval.
- Please send the items in with you child anytime the week of April 16th – 20th in either zip lock bag or plastic (tied) grocery bag along with student’s name and teacher’s homeroom name. (See form on the next page)
- Due date is Friday, April 20th and will be counted as part of their grade.
- Items will be checked and sent back home with student either the same day or their next dance day along with any corrections that need to be made.
- Please note the examples of appropriate leotard, tights, pants and shirts below.
- If you have any questions please email me at Sheila.email@example.com
- On the next page (and Ms. Sheila Ruotolo’s website) you find pictures of the appropriate clothing.
Dance in First Grade
In First grade, we will be learning about Kiddie Jazz/Musical Theatre all in a 30 min time period Monday thru Friday! At the end of the semester, they will do a dance on stage (in costume) which will serve as their assessment for what they’ve learned in my class. Mark your calendars because that date is; TBA in the fall. This will also serve as their final grade for the semester, attendance is mandatory .
Proper dress is a large part of your child’s grade. Please help them to remember their dance days. You can find them on the MSA website. Just go to the DANCE tab, then to the Semester Dance, and you will find my class schedule on the Information page. During the school day your child will be required to wear the following attire:
- Leotard with tights and skirt, sweatpants, capri, jazz pants, yoga pants, basketball shorts, etc.
- Spandex style spaghetti strap shirt with above mentioned forms of pants. No jeans! (Stay away from Skorts, the shorts are too short by themselves)
I would recommend that girls do option number 2 so that going to the bathroom is easier for them.
Athletic style shorts/pants (with an elastic waist) or sweatpants plus any style shirt – No Jeans (this includes jean shorts with elastic waist)
Below you will find the grade rubric for proper Dance attire.
0 infractions E per 9 week period
1-3 infractions S per 9 week period
4 or more infractions N per 9 week period