Mr. Perry’s- Syllabus and Course Information!
8th grade reading is an exciting course! Reading is a very important life skill. It enables students to become life long learners. Reading also helps in all subject areas, reading fluency (how fast and accurate we read) and comprehension (how much we understand about what we read). This skill will give students the ability to increase their success in all subject areas.
- Respect Others: Treat others, teachers and students, as you would like them to treat you. Use and care for the equipment in your classroom.
- Raise your hand to be recognized: No talking in class until you have been recognized or group discussion is taking place and then respect other’s right to speak.
- Be on time and prepared for class. This means be in the classroom before the tardy bell rings. You should be in your assigned seats and have your materials out that you will need for class.
- 3 ring binder or a duo tang folder with clips.
- Classwork &Quizzes=50%
- Tests, Projects, and Presentations=40%