Mr. Smith Life Science 7th Grade Science
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to 7th Grade Advanced/Regular Science. During the first semester your child will be studying the following topics: Cell structure and function, Nature of science (Which includes a Science Fair Project, mandatory for ADVANCED Classes, optional for Regular), Human Body.
Your child will need the following supplies for my class: 3"BLUE Binder, Composition Book, loose-leaf notebook paper, pencils, pens (RED, BLUE, & BLACK) and a hand held pencil sharpener
Homework: All homework will count as 10% of the student's final grade. It is important that your child complete all homework. Incomplete or missing assignments will affect your child's overall performance.
- Late/Make up work: Late work will be accepted up to 4 days with a penalty of 1 letter grade for each day it is late. Students who are absent are responsible for obtaining all missed work. Students will have 1 day to make up work for each day of absence without a penalty.
- Projects: There will be several projects assigned throughout the year. Additional supplies may be necessary to complete the projects. Students will be notified in advance as to what supplies will be needed and the due date for the projects.
- Grading: Tests, Presentations, and Projects 50%, Quizzes & Classwork 40%, and Homework and Participation 10%
- No talking during instructional time
- Be Respectful
- No putdowns @ OMS
- Stay in seat unless told OTHERWISE
- Be positive
Students are expected to arrive to class ready to participate in the day's lessons. If a student cannot follow classroom rules, the following discipline procedures will be applied.
- 1st Offense- Redirect
- 2nd Offense- Warning
- 3rd Offense- Phone call home/Time out in another teacher
- 4th Offense- Referral to the Dean of Discipline
You may email me at the following address: email@example.com or contact me by phone at (352)-671-7100.