Mr. Smith 7th Grade Science
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to 7th Grade Advanced/Regular Science. During the first semester your child will be studying the following topics: Nature of Science (NOS), Cell structure and the Human Body Systems, Project, Science Fair- Optional for ADVANCED Classes, and optional for Regular).
Florida Statute 1003.47 Biological Experiments on living subjects. 1(a) Dissection may be performed on nonliving mammals or birds secured from a recognized source of such specimens and under supervision of qualified instructors. Students may be excused upon written request of a parent.
Your child will need the following supplies for my class: Binder with six folders for ALL of their classes, Composition Book, loose-leaf notebook paper, pencils, pens (RED, BLUE, & BLACK), colored pencils, hand held pencil sharpener, and LOTS of scotch tape.
Homework: All homework will count as 10% of the student's final grade. It is important that your child complete all homework. Incomplete or missing assignments will affect your child's overall performance.
- Late/Make up work: Late work will be accepted up to 4 days with a penalty of 1 letter grade for each day it is late. Students who are absent are responsible for obtaining all missed work. Students will have 1 day to make up work for each day of absence without a penalty.
- Projects: There will be several projects assigned throughout the year. Additional supplies may be necessary to complete the projects. Students will be notified in advance as to what supplies will be needed and the due date for the projects.
- Grading: Tests, Presentations, and Projects 50%, Quizzes & Classwork 40%, and Homework and Participation 10%
- No talking during instructional time
- Be Respectful
- No putdowns @ OMS
- Stay in seat unless told OTHERWISE
- Be positive
- Students are expected to be focused on the daily lesson and not to talk to others during instruction time.
Students are expected to arrive to class ready to participate in the day's lessons. If a student cannot follow classroom rules, the following discipline procedures will be applied.
- 1st Offense- Redirect
- 2nd Offense- Warning
- 3rd Offense- Phone call home/Time out in another teacher
- 4th Offense- Referral to the Dean of Discipline
You may email me at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone at (352)-671-7100, or Call me on my Google Voice Number 1 (352)- 405-1451