This page is where you will find the daily "Distance Learning" tasks for May 26-June 1, 2020
- Standard: LAFS.1.RI.3.8- Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
- Learning Goal 1: I can identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
MAFS.1.G.1.3 – Partition circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, and quarter of. Describe the whole as two of, or four of the shares. Understand for these examples that decomposing into more equal shares creates smaller shares.
Goal # 1: I can partition (divide) a circle and rectangle into two and four equal parts.
Goal # 2: I can describe the equal parts of a circle and rectangle with words (halves, fourths, and quarters).
Goal # 3: I can describe the whole by the number of equal parts (e.g., two halves make a whole).
Goal # 4: I can explain the more equal parts in circle or rectangle, the smaller the parts.
SC.1.E.6.3: (DOK 3) – Recognize that some things in the world around us happen fast and some happen slowly.
These are the social studies standards this weeks task works on.
- SS.1.E.1.1 – Recognize that money is a method of exchanging goods and services.
- SS.1.E.1.2 – Define opportunity costs as giving up one thing for another.
- SS.1.E.1.3 – Distinguish between examples of goods and services.
- SS.1.E.1.4 – Distinguish people as buyers, sellers, and producers of goods and services.
- SS.1.E.1.5 – Recognize the importance of saving money for future purchases.
- SS.1.E.1.6 – Identify that people need to make choices because of scarce resources.