What Are We Learning?
Our first unit of study in social studies is American Geography. Students will be exploring the following skills:
- G.1.1: Students will read current and historical information using maps, globes, and Geographic Information Systems.
- G.1.2: Students will use latitude and longitude to locate places on a map or globe.
- G.1.3: Students will locate some of the major physical features of the United States on a map of North America.
- G.1.4: Students will construct maps, charts, and graphs to display geographic information.
- G.1.6: Students will locate and identify the 50 states and their capitals as well as the United States Territories on a map.
These skills will also be used throughout the year when we study the different time periods in Early American History.