Welcome to Ms. Bradley’s math class! You are starting a new year of middle school and I am excited to be working with you. During the next 170 days, we will be establishing the important foundations of higher math, and tie them to real world situations. You will be the problem solver! This will be a fun adventure.
Ms. Bradley’s Classroom Rules:
ü Be prepared to learn every day.
ü Follow directions the first time they are given.
ü Respect the people, equipment and furnishings of the classroom.
ü Raise your hand before you speak, do not interrupt when someone is speaking.
ü No eating or drinking in the classroom.
ü No throwing objects of any kind.
ü Observe the rules in your student handbook.
Homework is to be completed and ready to hand in at the beginning of class.
Students will need to have the following:
- Sharpened#2 pencils(many), sharpener(s)
- 2-150 page composition notebook,
- 1 pack of lined paper
- Box of Kleenex for homeroom
- 1 plastic Duo Tang folder
- colored pencils
- ear buds or headphones
- Remember there is no sharing of materials between students!!!
- If you are able to donate any extra material, it would be greatly appreciated.
Grades are based on the Marion County grading scale and will be divided into the following categories and percentiles:
Class Work (includes notebook) /Quizzes 50%
1st Offense: Verbal warning/Teacher-student conference/Name on the board
2nd Offense: Parent contact/ Discipline Assignment
3rd Offense: Referral
*The teacher reserves the right to skip any step if the action(s) is severe enough
We all know this is a trying time with the worldwide Covid–19 Pandemic, and I am taking all precautions to lessen the spread of the virus.
The follow expectations are required in Ms. Bradley's class.
- Hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the room
- Washing Hands for at least 20 seconds AFTER using the restroom
- When NOT 6 feet from others Face coverings MUST be worn
- No sharing of materials
- Desks are spaced throughout the room AS CLOSE to 6 feet apart as possible.
- Students are to wipe their desk, chair, and chrome book with the district approved sanitizer before that leave the class.
- No materials are to be left in the room
- No items are to be placed in the desk
- If you feel sick – STAY HOME.
Below are a few web sites that will be helpful for your child.
I may be reached by email, phone, or planner. I know that as we work together, this will be a great school year! Remember, our goal is to help your child succeed.
Idelle Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent/Guardian signature Student signature
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you! Let’s have an awesome year!