The Budget Department plans, develops, and monitors the school district budget and provides relevant financial information and analysis to the superintendent, school board, leadership team, and community stakeholders to assist in sound decision making, ensure financial integrity and promote the effective use of resources.
General areas of responsibility include:
- Planning and developing annual school district budget according to state and federal legislation, governmental regulations, Board policies and sound financial practices.
- Maintaining general ledger account code structure
- Monitoring and analyzing budgetary activity
- Preparing Budget Amendments (Resolutions) for School Board approval
- Maintaining position control budget
- Training school and district level personnel in relation to budget processes and procedures