[Current employees use Skyward Employee Access ]
About Equal Employment and Accommodations
The School Board of Marion County, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, qualified disability, or social and family background. The contact person for Marion County Public Schools for discrimination and harassment issues is Dawana Gary, (352) 671-7711. Marion County Public Schools will provide reasonable accommodation throughout the interview process. If you believe you are in need of accommodation, please call the Equity Assurance Office at (352) 671-7711.
The Marion County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race (including anti-Semitism), ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability (including HIV, AIDS, or sickle cell trait), pregnancy, religion, marital status, age (except as authorized by law), military status, ancestry, or genetic information, which are classes protected by State and/or Federal law (collectively, "protected classes") in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices as required by Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, Age Discrimination Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 1992 Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Florida Educational Equity Act of 1984. The contact person for Marion County Public Schools for discrimination and harassment issues is Dawana Gary, Director of Equity and Ethics, 1614 E. Fort King Street, Ocala, FL 34471; Phone: (352) 671-7711; Email: Dawana.Gary@marion.k12.fl.us.
Reasonable accommodations are available for persons with disabilities to complete the application and/or interview process. Applicants/individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may contact Dawana Gary, Director of Equity and Ethics, 1614 E. Fort King Street, Ocala, FL 34471; Phone: Voice (352) 671-7711; TDD 800-955-8771; Email: Dawana.Gary@marion.k12.fl.us.
Beginning April 19, 2021, newly created vacancy postings will require applicants to upload a completed Employment History Form in the Attachments section of the application. You will not be able to submit your application without uploading this form.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY CHECKS
Per Florida State Statute 1012.27(6), Marion County Public Schools (MCPS) must conduct employment history checks on all potential employees
It is the responsibility of each applicant to provide all previous employment information, to include current contact information for previous employment supervisors. Failure to disclose all previous employment may constitute application falsification and may result in an offer of employment to be rescinded.
In the event you are offered a position, and you are not a current MCPS employee, please have the following documentation available:
- current driver’s license or Florida ID
- Social Security card
- sealed Official Transcripts (depending upon the position)
If you do not have an actual Social Security card or sealed Official Transcripts, we encourage you to order them now as these documents generally take 7-10 days to arrive and may delay your start date.
Veterans' Preference eligible applicants must attach a completed Veterans' Preference Claim Form and DD214 in the Attachments Section of the postion for which you applied. The Veterans' Preference Claim form can also be found under the Veterans' Preference tab.
References from friends or family are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Effective December 1, 2020, Marion County Public Schools will utilize E-Verify to confirm the eligibility of employees to work in the United States.
Important Things to Know Before Submitting an Application
- You must have an email account to submit an employment application. If you do not have one, some websites offer free email (e.g., hotmail.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com).
- If you have a spam blocker on your email account, you need to allow email messages from firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Applying for Positions
- Remember, you must upload a completed Employment History Form before you can submit your application.
- When you apply for the positions online, your entire application is viewable by the hiring administrators.
- Once you apply for a position online, you can click on the Applied Jobs link on the left-hand side for a list of all positions for which you have applied.
- When searching for vacant positions, click the “View Details of the Highlighted Position” button. This will take you to the Position Details where you will find the job description to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- If you are a current employee, you do not have to resubmit original transcripts, diplomas, or credentials if they are already on file.
About Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Once you have a username and password for the online application program, you will be able to view the FAQ document. The link is on the left-hand side of the screen. Once you are on the FAQ page, clicking on the word “Question” at the top of the column will sort the questions into like categories.
Charter School Vacancies
- Each Charter school maintains their own application process.
- View Charter School Vacancies
~ An Equal Opportunity School District ~
District-wide vacancies are posted daily. Vacancies may be advertised a minimum of 5 to 10 calendar days.