COURSE SYLLABUS – Piano/Keyboard Advanced
Room#: 2-107 Grade Level: 9-12
Course Credit: 1 credit Prerequisite: None
Instructor: Dean Marino E-mail: Dean.Marino@marion.k12.fl.us
These courses are designed for the student who as reached the level of Keyboard 1 or beyond.
Literature will be chosen to fit the student’s needs and skill level.
In addition to improving skills/concepts learned in Keyboard 1 students will further study:
- advanced technique
- an understanding of the pianistic style of the compositions learned
- advanced live performance abilities
- vocal accompaniment
- composition skills
- music sight reading
- integrating theory and form with the material being studied.
- piano duets
- arranging songs
- advanced practice techniques.
All students must provide:
- Their own headphones. These can be earbuds or larger.
- Miniplug to 1/4 inch adaptor - to enable headphones to plug into keyboards
- Staff paper and something to write with at all times.
Items used for grade calculations:
- completion & integrity of assignments
- written projects
- student class presentations
- daily work habits
- class participation
Grading category breakdown:
- Homework assignments - 10%
- Class presentations, participation and work habits - 50%
- Projects and tests - 40%