In my classroom, I use a classroom economy in which students are assigned jobs, receive paychecks, pay rent, save their money, can earn bonuses for academic achievement and positive behavior, students can also be fined when not meeting expected behaviors. Please see below for classroom expectations, positive feedback and corrective actions.
CLASSROOM RULES/SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS
BELLEVIEW BIG 4
- Be Respectful Follow the “Golden Rule”!
Listen to others
- Be Responsible Do what you are supposed to do! Take care of personal and school propert Keep your area neat and clean Accept responsibility for your own action Keep your planner up-to-date
- Be Safe Be aware of personal space!
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
Keep the classroom a safe environment
- Be an Active Learner Do your best!
Follow directions of adults the first time they are given
Participate in all activities
Know classroom procedures
Complete and turn in all work
- Positive phone calls, DOJO notes, notes home to parents
- Positive DOJO points – All students begin with 5 DOJO points every day. 90% or better positive DOJO points for the week, students have lunch on Friday with teacher.
- 95% of class have positive DOJO points – 20 marbles in student jar (when student jar is filled – class party)
- Class compliment from other teacher/administrator – 10 marbles in student jar (when student jar is filled – class party)
- Bonus – students can earn bonuses for positive academic and behavior.
1st time – Reminder of expectation/rule/procedure
2nd time – Time out (reflection center)
3rd time – Fine (Classroom Economy)
4th time – Call home to parent and loss of 1 DOJO point
5th time – Dean called/referral made
EXCEPTION – Hitting/fighting/throwing objects – immediate parent call and dean call