Professional Certification Renewal Process
Employees currently employed with MCPS must apply for renewal online with FDOE's Bureau of Educator Certification. Please make sure you indicate the #42-MARION as your district affiliation.
For instructions on using the new Bureau of Educator Certification Online Licensing Service, click here.
All educators not currently employed with MCPS must apply for renewal online at the Bureau of Educator Certification. If in-service verification is needed, contact MCPS certification staff for electronic submission of in-service. Please visit the “Additional Information” link.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION METHODS OF RENEWAL:
- 2 or less subjects require a minimum of 120 total points for renewal of both subjects to include 20 exclusive to students with disabilities.
- 3 or more subjects require renewal of all subjects within a 10-year period (2 consecutive validities). Each subject requires 60 points. Each renewal requires a minimum of 120 points to include 20 exclusive to students with disabilities.
Note: Endorsements do not require renewal.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION ALTERNATIVE METHODS EQUIVALENT TO 60 INSERVICE POINTS:
- Retaking and passing the subject area exam in your certified area during the validity period.
- A 3-semester hour course from an accredited college or university in Education or any subject area which the state offers certification.
- Teaching a 3-semester hour college level course may be acceptable. (Call ESD Certification for confirmation).
- National Board certification will renew the Florida certificate in the subject shown on the valid national certificate.