This is an after school dance performance program for Howard Middle School directed by Sheila Ruotolo, Director of Dance for Madison Street Academy. For the first time this year, the group will be meeting at HMS!
This program will be focused on Contemporary, Jazz Funk and African Dance styles. We will be meeting in BLDG 6-009, on Friday afternoons from 3:35 (right after the bell) until 5:00 starting Friday, August 24th. Please look over the following details:
- There is a Costume fee of $60.00. This will be yours to keep, however, girls must also supply your own accessories such as tan tights, and Jazz shoes and they must be black in color. Boys must supply your own black pants, black T-shirt, black shoes, and black socks.
- For your convenience, I can supply you with the items mentioned above for a fee. Please email me for those details.
- Parents are to pick up student’s car riding students at the front entrance of the school building. Extended Day students must check into extended day first then come to rehearsal. At 5:00 they will be released by me back to extended day.
- Students must adhere to the procedures and discipline rules on the back of this letter.This is a performance group and we will be going out in to the community. Performance most likely will be on a Saturdays so you must make yourself available to perform or be willing to rearrange your schedule if necessary.
- Students must also maintain grades of C or above and S in conduct in all classes! If a student’s grade falls below these levels on their report card, the student will be on probation and may not perform until the grade(s) if brought up on the next report card. They may continue with rehearsals, with the parent’s approval, so they will not fall behind in the choreography the rest of the group is learning.
Remember to bring the costume fee with you to the first practice on Friday, August 24th. Parents, if you have any questions (or just need a registration form) I can always be reached by email at Sheila.Ruotolo@marion.k12.fl.us.