- Each student in Kindergarten through second grade may check out one book for as long as one week.
- Each student in 3rd thru 5th grade may check out 2 books for as long as one week.
- Students may renew a book for an additional week.
- There are no fines for overdue materials.
- Students will be offered a second chance book if they have overdue, lost or damaged books that have not be returned or paid for.
- Students may not check out any materials if they have overdue, lost or damaged books that have not be returned or paid for.
Gifts are always appreciated. They may be added to the media center collection, given to teachers, or donated to the public library.
MyOn is a computerized reading program which allows students to take tests on books. Computers for MyOn testing are set up in the Media Center.
The mission of the Stanton-Weirsdale Media program is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats; by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
FRA Children's Book Award
The FRA Children's Book Award is a program sponsored by the Florida Reading Association and is for students in Pre-K through second grade. Students read or have read to them eight quality books, and then vote on their favorite book. The votes are tallied at the state level, and the author of the winning book receives recognition.
Students in PreKindergarten, Kindergarten, first grade and second grade have the opportunity to read or listen to recent literature that is considered the best in the state. Students also learn about the importance of voting.
FRA Book Nominations (Grades Pre-K - 2)
Mr. Eric Wilson - Library Media Specialist
Media Center Hours
7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.