9th Grade Information
Hi everyone I hope this finds you safe and well. Many of you have already reached out to me with many concerns regarding classes, graduation, grad-bash, and prom. I promise once we have clarity on these topics I will post updates here. If an additional concern arises before then that needs to be answered, I can always be reached (at a reasonable time ) at following number: (352) 356-8232 , or via school email and I will also be at my computer at my office daily from 9AM-12PM. The office will remained closed and no visitors will be allowed. Here is what you need to know so far:
- All current classes will have work posted on the teachers websites, you must continue working and stay in touch with them.
- If you are doing FLVS/MVS or PLATO, you must complete that coursework.
- Contact either me or Mrs.Farino immediately via email or phone if you are having technical difficulties and need assistance to get your coursework done.
- Remember there are many things we are figuring out along the way, as this is situation unfolds our county office is working hard to keep you safe and finish the school year.
- Be patient, keep working from home, and wash your hands.
Guidance is here to ensure that you have a smooth and stress-free senior year. Have you taken or signed up to take a college entrance test? Check out the links below to help you sign up for the SAT or ACT, which is required by all 4 year colleges and universities. When you register for the ACT or SAT, include the NAIA Eligibility Center (9876) on the list of places test scores should be sent. If you are planning to attend a community college in Florida, you can take the SAT or ACT but a third alternative test is also available-the PERT. The PERT is a computer generated test and can be taken at the community college. Contact the College of Central Florida at 854-2322 to set up a time to take the PERT. You can also sign up to take the PERT with Ms. Thrower in the College and Career Lab (03-109) during the school day.
~ Email your counselor, Patricia Karolev, if you have a question!
~ Email, Ms. Stuart, if you need to have your transcript sent to a college.
College Entrance Tests
- Register for the ACT
- Register for the SAT
- Click here for test preparation for all college entrance tests as well as the ASVAB
- Click here for a downloadable ACT practice booklet
- Click here for the SAT Test Preparation Center
- I Need A Pencil-fee online SAT prep
- Click here for Test Prep Factory-Free online tutorials and test practice
If you are a JUNIOR or SENIOR student who currently receives free or reduced school lunch, you are eligible for two (2)ACT and (2)SAT fee waivers during your high school career (not each school year). See the 11th/12th grade counselor in Guidance to get a fee waiver.
Are You on the Right Track to College?
Too many students who aspire to go to college have a hard time picturing themselves making it there. Thy have real obstacles like cost, grades, feeling overwhelmed by all the steps and responsibilities at home. There is a new web resource, You Can Go, that can help you navigate through all the steps. Check out the videos interviewing real kids, just like you, who wondered if they would ever make it to college and DID!
Finding the right college is not an easy process. How do you find a college that offers the major you are interested in? How much will it cost? What is the educational quality of the school you are interested in? Find out how to research colleges through the Consumer Reports for College website.
College Of Central Florida Links
Click here to complete the online application for the College of Central Florida (Click on the blue box at the bottom "First Time in College")