Oakcrest Essential Agreements
- Attitude is everything
- SOAR bucks are given to students across campus in recognition of following school-wide expectations and rules.
- Dollars can be exchanged weekly/monthly for special rewards and activities.
- Rewards may include activities such as half day special events (movies, sports, games, dances, etc.), drawings for items, and the opportunity to spend dollars at the school store.
Oakcrest Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
Lunch Room Conduct
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
- Time out
- Conference with Student Services
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
Referral to Student Services Office
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Student Services office. Oakcrest Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
No Tolerance Behaviors
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance