The mission of the Maplewood Elementary Media program is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats; by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and by working with other teachers to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Each student in kindergarten may check out 1 book at a time.
- Each student in 1st and 2nd grade will start out the year by checking out 1 book and will be able to check out 2 books after completing their library lessons as long as they don't have any overdue books.
- Each student in 3rd through 5th grades may check out up to 2 books at a time as long as they do not have any overdue books or owe a fine.
- Students may check out books for 2 weeks at a time. Books may be renewed once if necessary.
- There are no fines for overdue materials; however, students must pay for lost or damaged books.
- Students will be offered a second chance book if they have overdue, lost or damaged books that have not been returned or paid for.