This is a sixth grade course in Language Arts. The main textbook we will be using is called Collections. It is divided into six collections that contain short stories, poems, magazine articles, informational texts, newspaper articles, online texts, documentaries, and book reviews. The students also have two additional texts Close Reader and Performance Assessments. These books are consumables that the students write directly in.
- Collection 1: Facing Fear
- Collection 2: Animal Intelligence
- Collection 3: Dealing With Disaster
- Collection 4: Making Your Voice heard
- Collection 5: Decisions That Matter
- Collection 6: What Tales Tell
- We will be following the curriculum map designated by Marion County. Students will also be assessed using RWAs and CRLs every 9 weeks.
The grading scale is: