PIANO / ELECTRONIC KEYBOARDING
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop proficient keyboard skills, including interpretation of notation and performance in varied styles. The content should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- notation and expressive markings
- posture, hand position, fingering, and technique
- reading and performance skills
- literature of varied historical eras, styles, and cultures
- music theory
- composition, arranging, and improvisation
- performance analysis and evaluation
- historical and cultural perspectives
- role and influence of keyboard music and musicians
- connections between music and other subject areas
MCCA PIANO / ELECTRONIC KEYBOARDING INSTRUCTOR
Mr. Dean Marino, Instructor
Dean Marino has been teaching in Marion County for the past 13 years and received his Bachelor of Music Degree in Music Composition from California State University, Northridge. He also has certifications in Composing and Arranging, Jazz Piano and Film Scoring from The Grove School of Music. Before becoming an educator, Mr. Marino worked in Los Angeles, California as a musician/composer-arranger/music editor. He received an Emmy nomination in 1996 for music editing and was named Marion County Teacher of the Year in 2003.
Mr. Marino also teaches our Rock Band Program.