CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM / COMMUNITY LIAISON
Crisis Response Team
The purpose of the Crisis Response Team is to provide a comprehensive and systematic approach to providing emergency support to the school administration, in responding to a major school-wide loss or crisis. School Social Workers participate in the multidisciplinary team assigned, on request, to work under the supervision of the Director of Psychological and Social Work Services.
The focus of the Team’s support is on students. The Team is designed not only to provide direct support to affected students, but also to function as a bridge between the school and community resources such as the Mental Health Center, Hospice, and other appropriate agencies or practitioners.
Crisis Response Resources
Information and resources to assist parents and educators help students through a time of crisis:
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Bullies and Victims: A Primter for Parents
- When Grief/Loss Hits Close to Home: Tips for Caregivers
- Care for the Caregiver: Tips for Families and Educators
- What You CAN Do - Meaningful Action Matters in the Face of Violence
- Helping Children Cope With Traumatic Events
- Trauma Informed Care Resources
- Suicide Prevention - 13 Reasons Why: Information Sheet and Resource Guide
- Prevensión del Suicidio Juvenil: Consejos para Padres y Educadores
The Community Liaison staff person in the School Social Work Services Department is one of the school system’s representatives on numerous community boards and participates in community programs designed to identify and meet the needs of the youth in Marion County. The liaison encourages school/community partnerships and networking.