Performance dates for the 2018-19 season are:
FAFO- OCTOBER 27TH 11:00-12:00 - CITIZEN CIRCLE
PURPLE HEART CEREMONY - October 30th Closed performance (not open to parents) time TBA
LIGHT UP OCALA - NOVEMBER 17TH TIME TBA - CITIZEN CIRCLE
HILLCREST FIELDTRIP - DECEMBER 6th AND TIME (bus leaves at 9:30 show at 10:30)
WINTER PRODUCTION DRESS REHEARSAL - DECEMBER 19TH - MSA FOR STUDENT BODY ONLY
WINTER PRODUCTION - JANUARY 12 2:00 - MSA TICKETED EVENT FOR PUBLIC
MAPLEWOOD FIELDTRIP PERFORMANCE - IN THE SPRING TIME DATE AND TIME TBA
SPRING SHOW - APRIL 27TH 2:00 - TICKETED EVENT FOR THE PUBLIC
DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE STUDENT BODY ONLY
Final instructions will be given as we get closer but please mark the dates so you don't have any conflicts.
FAFO and Oct 30th show FINAL INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY J
Parents and Performers,
Remember FAFO is Saturday 10/27 and performance time is 11:00-12:00 at Citizens Circle downtown Ocala. This is a MANDATORY performance for all performers in Les Premieres. Please note the following final instructions:
- CALL TIME: 10:00 on the grassy side of the stage.
- Performers should bring a bottled water with them and apply sunscreen before putting on costumes if needed.
- ONLY WATER IS ALLOWED WHILE IN COSTUME. NO OTHER FOOD OR DRINK.
- Come in first costume with all others in hand.
- HMS Dancers are performing immediately after MSA (in our time block) so no one will be dismissed until they are done dancing and I can safely dismiss everyone.
- ALL LP costumes must be checked back in by student to Miss Sheila NO LATER THAN MONDAY morning by the 8:00AM bell and in the same condition they left school. Anyone who fails to do so will not be able to perform Tuesday morning.
REMEMBER THAT NO ONE IS DISMISSED UNTIL THE ENTIRE PERFORMANCE IS DONE. PLEASE DO NOT COME UP TO THE PERFORMERS UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN DISMISSED BY ME.
The only way I can keep the entire group safe is to have NO ONE around the students except MYSELF especially when they doing costume changes (students are supposed to be helping each other) so please help me by keeping your distance until the entire performance is done and then please stand in the grass until the students come to you. This way they have a chance to collect all of their costumes and we are able to visibly see that all students have their parent. HMS Dancers will be assisting to earn volunteer points.
Finally, please do not come up and take pictures of the performers once the show has started. Other students will be changing costumes and it makes for a very uncomfortable situation for those students if adults are visibly standing around taking pictures. J
Please take plenty of the actual performances and feel free to share with me. J
Thank you and I hope you enjoy the performance. J
Miss Sheila (see back please)
Performance attire (must be purchased by parent) for LES PREMIERES
- Girls will need black spaghetti strapped leotard, black jazz shorts, and black jazz/tap shoes. They also need convertible/transitional tan non-shiny tights (not pantyhose).
- Boys will need a plain black short sleeve t-shirt, black jazz or dress pants, black jazz shoes.
- Girls need their hair in performance buns. No exceptions.
- Girls need plain, small rhinestone clip on earrings or performance studs. NO OTHER JEWELRY OR FINGERNAIL POLISH.
This was outlined in the FINE ARTS PACKETS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR BUT I WANT TO BE CERTAIN EVERYONE IS PREPARED. Please arrive dressed in first costume needed and carrying additional costumes if student is in multiple dances.J
If you plan to stay for the event and enjoy the FAFO festivities after the performance (and we strongly encourage you to do so) please bring a change of clothes. This is a GREAT time for a Madison Street T-shirt and your jazz pants J
Tuesday morning October the 30th we have a performance at MSA that is closed to parents unless you have filled out the form as outlined by Mr. Bennett last week.
All TAPPERS in the “Living in America” dance need to come to school Tuesday morning performance ready. This means they must have their black attire on, hair in performance bun, stud earrings, no fingernail polish and Tap shoes. They will be given instructions on what to do once we’re in school.
Anyone who is singing in the performance will wear the costume I’m providing so you do not need to purchase black pants and white top. They will be singing and then dancing but they will wear the dance costume for the singing part of the show.
As always if there are any questions please feel free to email me. This will also be on my website in the performance information page.