Performance dates for the 2018-19 season are:
Final instructions will be given as we get closer but please mark the dates so you don't have any conflicts.
Pinwheels Performance - April 6th Downtown Citizen Circle Time TBA
SPRING SHOW - APRIL 27TH 2:00 - TICKETED EVENT FOR THE PUBLIC
DRESS REHEARSAL April 26th 8:30am FOR THE STUDENT BODY ONLY
Sring Festival - May 4th time TBA
Semester show May 17th at West Port High school
SEMESTER SHOW INFORMATION
The date for our show is May 17th. The show will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. at West Port High School and be approximately 90min, so please arrange to be there! Further instructions for show day will be sent home in late April. The following is a list of things your dancer will need for the performance. If there is a hardship concerning dance attire, please contact Mrs. Denesha, guidance counselor by April 26th.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade girls will need spaghetti strap black leotard, tan tights (*convertible), and black shoes (no heels/dress). Boys will need plain black pants, black shirt, and black shoes.
- ALL of 2nd grade girls will need black spaghetti strap leotard and tan tights (*convertible). Boys will need black shirt and black pants. Tap shoes are provided.
- ALL 3rd grade girls will need black spaghetti strapped leotard and tan tights (*convertible). Boys, black pants, black shirt, and no shoes for either group.
- ALL 4th grade and 5th grade girls will need a black spaghetti strapped leotard, black shorts, tan tights and black shoes. Boys need a black shirt, black pants, and **black shoes.
- All girls should have hair in either a high pony tail or bun. No jewelry or finger nail polish is to be worn and tan tights are to be non-shiny. Boys must wear all black socks if needed. *Convertible tights have a small hole on the bottom of the foot that can be pulled up over the ankle, converting them to footless tights (with the seam landing at the ankle)
- Please understand failure to wear appropriate items listed above (on show day) will not only reflect poorly in the dancer’s grade; but will also result in that dancer not being able to participate in the show! The performance is the formal assessment for Dance in lieu of a written exam so attendance is imperative.
- **Remember shoes must be completely black without any stripes or color on them at all
- In order to help prevent misunderstanding the day of the show, students must bring the Share Show items in for approval.
- Please send the items in with your child anytime on/before May 3rd in either zip lock bag or plastic (tied) grocery bag along with student’s name and teacher’s homeroom name. (See form on the next page)
- Due date is Friday, May 3rd and will be counted as part of their grade.
- Items will be checked and sent back home with students on their next dance day along with any corrections that need to be made.
- Please note the examples of appropriate leotard, tights, pants and shirts below.
- If you have any questions/concerns please email me at Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org