Forest High School
Course: Health Science Foundations
Teacher: Ms. McManis
Grading Policy: Weighted Average
Unit Tests / Professionalism – 40%
Quizzes & Projects – 35%
Skills / Assignments – 25%
All make-up work needs to be complete within five school days upon return of absence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health care delivery system and occupations.
- Demonstrate the correct use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and use interpersonal skills effectively.
- Demonstrate legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Recognize and practice safety and security procedures.
- Recognize and practice infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information technology applications in healthcare.
- Record and monitor vital signs.
- Apply basic math and science skills.
**** A FINAL GRADE OF 88% OR HIGHER IS NEEDED TO PROGRESS TO Electrocardiograph Technician 3. ALSO, MUST HAVE GOOD ATTENDANCE AND GOOD DISCIPLINE RECORD****
The purpose of the following rules is to create a classroom environment where learning can occur in an enjoyable atmosphere. Failure to observe these rules can result in disciplinary action.
- Arrive to class on time and sitting in your assigned seat when the bell rings.
- Be prepared- Notebooks, Paper, Pen, Pencil, etc.
- Assignments will be handed in at the beginning of the period on the due date.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the classroom as long as you don’t leave a mess.
- Horseplay is NOT ALLOWED in the classroom. This will ensure the safety of our students.
- Please raise your hand to speak when asking a question or participating in a group discussion.
- You need the teacher’s permission to leave the classroom.
- Courtesy and respect for all.
- Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in you not being able to shadow.
- Cell phones should not interrupt or interfere with classroom learning.