Approximate ages are from eleven to twenty-two years. This program is provided for students who demonstrate significant symptoms of Autistic Behavior. These students exhibit impairment in the handling of sensory information, with extreme difficulties in communication, social behavior and learning.
- Communication is a focus for all activities including daily living, academic, social, and personal skills.
- Assistive technology is used for students who are non-verbal or have limited verbal skills.
- Communication skills are reinforced in a community setting.
- Students receive specialized therapies which are integrated with the curriculum such as Occupational Therapy, and Speech/Language Therapy.
- During Summer months, students participate in aqua therapy at the Hillcrest pool.
- Therapeutic therapy is also offered through the MTRA horseback riding program.
FACULTYMs. Kimberly ChristieMs. Sharon LordMs. Megan ShipeTBATBA