Academics at Hillcrest
Approximate ages are from eleven to fourteen years. Basic emphasis is on academic skills (numbers, colors, shapes, telling time, writing, sight words). Other skills covered include self-help, social and language development.
- NUMBER CONCEPTS - Involving counting, numeral identification, basic addition/subtraction and writing numerals.
- SIGHT WORD RECOGNITION - and comprehension (such as poison, danger, restroom, and so on).
- TIME CONCEPTS - such as days of the week, months of the year, calendar usage, telling time.
- MONEY CONCEPTS - involving identification and value of coins, making change, and simple purchases.
- MEASUREMENT SKILLS - related to basic linear and volume measurements, reading thermometers, and so on.
- FINE MOTOR SKILLS - such as writing alphabet letters, numerals, name, address, telephone number and other personal information.
FACULTYMs. Danelle HarwellMs. Barbara FloryMr. Matthew Shrimplin