Academics at Hillcrest
Approximate ages are from eleven to eighteen years. Basic emphasis is on access courses as designated by the Department of Education. Other skills covered include self-help, social and language development.
- NUMBER CONCEPTS - Involving counting, numeral identification, basic addition/subtraction and writing numerals.
- SIGHT WORD RECOGNITION - and comprehension (such as poison, danger, restroom, and so on).
- TIME CONCEPTS - such as days of the week, months of the year, calendar usage, telling time.
- MONEY CONCEPTS - involving identification and value of coins, making change, and simple purchases.
- MEASUREMENT SKILLS - related to basic linear and volume measurements, reading thermometers, and so on.
- FINE MOTOR SKILLS - such as writing alphabet letters, numerals, name, address, telephone number and other personal information.
FACULTYMs. Jennifer MacLeanMr. Matthew Shrimplin