What Parents Need to Know
KONA ICE PURCHASES HERE- SCAN WITH PHONE
If you have trouble with QR Scan Code,
Type in this: https://app.konaicepay.com/#//F00955422
APRIL SPECIAL: FREE KONA BRACELET WITH KONA KONA!
NOTICE REGARDING McKAY SCHOLARSHIP:
Parents a notice regarding McKay Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Program is being sent home with the students.
SOCIAL WORK SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP
School Social Workers are available to students and families with various needs. These needs could include issues with school, home, the community, health concerns, and relationship issues. Each public school in Marion County has a School Social Worker and Social Work Assistant available for assistance. We are here to help students effectively utilize the educational opportunities available while maximizing potential for growth and learning.
The ways in which school social workers can assist students and their families are endless. For a student to be successful, regular and consistent attendance at school must be a priority. School social workers and social work assistants are available to assist with chronic absenteeism and help students and families addressing these issues. To further assist with absenteeism, the Truancy Intervention Partnership Program (TIPP) was developed.
This particular program is a co-operative effort between the Marion County Public School Board and the State Attorney’s Office to provide prevention and intervention to students and their families who are experiencing difficulties with regular school attendance. For additional information, please call 671-6870.
ONLINE MEAL PAY FOR STUDENT LUNCHES
MCPS Food & Nutrition Services has introduced Online Meal Pay. In addition to accepting cash and checks, a new Online Meal Pay service is being implemented in all MCPS schools. This online service provides parents a unique opportunity to pay for student meals on the internet.
To read details of how to use this online service, go to the Food Services Website's Online Meal Pay.
Volunteers change our world... and are changing our schools
Be a School Volunteer!
- Marion County Public Schools’ Volunteer Program is a district-wide effort encouraging and promoting community involvement.
- As partners in helping children learn your sacrifice in our classrooms is invaluable and highly beneficial.
- By sharing your time and talent, you help enrich the learning experience for students and provide much needed support for our school system.
- Everyone who comes into Marion County Public Schools has a valuable part to play in making this the best place it can be for learning.
- Every school in the county needs volunteers. School volunteers come from every walk of life and work with students of all ages. As a volunteer you provide what schools needs most:
- Talents and skills to share with students and teachers.
- Positive values that children can learn to help them success in school.
- Each school in the county has different needs, but the need that exists across the county is community involvement and support.
- School volunteers and business partners enhance student learning, enriching the educational opportunities available to students. School volunteers assist in:
- Career Awareness
- Guest Speaker
- Fine Arts
- Junior Achievement
- Field Trips
- School Advisory Council
- The Rock
- Media Centers
- Sporting Events
Volunteering Makes a Difference in your Child’s Education
Volunteering Helps Create Community
Volunteering Allows You to Get to Know Teachers and Staff
Volunteering Makes Schools Better
Volunteering Allows You to Use Your Strengths
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER FORM LINK:
Los padres son invitados a ser voluntarios en la escuela. Cada esfuerzo será hecho para determinar como cada padre voluntario pueda participar activamente en la educación de nuestros estudiantes. Los voluntarios son necesitados para dar ayuda a los estudiantes, ayudar con los libros de biblioteca, en juegos, y archivar papeles en la oficina. Si usted esta interesado en ayudar, favor de comunicarse con la oficina.