Clubs & Organizations
Students can participate in enrichment clubs at Marion Oaks!
Some of our special programs include Altrusa Read-In, Parent Lending Library, Sunshine Readers, ExCEL, Great Leaps, Winner's Circle, Honor Roll, D.A.R.E., Reading Counts, Family Reading, Writing, Math and Science Nights, Book-It, Silver River Museum Programs, Art Shows, Acaletics & Learning Communities (Funded by District), After-School Tutoring for Level 1 & 2 Students, and Extended Day.
Students enrichment clubs at Marion Oaks in which to participate:
- Book Bowl grades 3-5 = Ms. Rowley
- Morning News Show grades 3-5 = Ms. Rowley
- Safety Patrol grade 5 = Mr. McNulty
Our purpose is to provide co-curricular organizations and activities to permit all interested students an opportunity to participate. Every effort is made to avoid membership requirements that would prevent this participation.
Student Membership Requirements:
In accordance with Marion County School Board and established school policies, certain requirements must be met by the individuals involved in activity programs.
These are as follows:
- All students involved in activities must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and meet the club's requirements. Students may not have a fine on the "debt list".
- Students involved in any activities, whether on or off campus, are governed by the Marion County Code of Student Conduct.
- Students must complete a student participation and Parental Approval Form prior to joining any club.
Students are encouraged to join and participate in clubs and organizations. Membership requirements are contained in each club's constitutions and by-laws; there are general requirements regarding eligibility for membership in any club or organization.