Biography of a Superhero Poster Project
You will choose a comic book superhero and create a biographical poster about him/her. You must use at least two sources and cite those sources in a Bibliography using MLA format.
Follow the following format:
- TITLE: include superhero’s name
- SECTION SUBTITLES:
- PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Physical description of superhero and known superpowers…one to three paragraphs
- ORIGIN: Origin of this superhero’s powers…one to three paragraphs
- DAILY LIFE: Summary of the superhero’s daily life…where does he/she live, description of alter-ego, occupation, relationships…one to three paragraphs
- SUPER-CONNECTION: Summary of the superhero’s connection to other superheroes…one to three paragraphs
- THREAT: Summary of superhero’s main threat/villain/archenemy…you may include two if necessary…one to three paragraphs
You must also include at least five visuals – include a one-sentence caption under each visual that explains the visual.
Be prepared to make a three- to five-minute formal presentation. Do not read word for word – use index cards if needed. Utilize your visuals on your poster as you present.
_____/10 FOCUSED: include a clear title
_____/10 ORGANIZED: Five subheadings are used to guide reader
_____/50 DETAILED: Under each subheading, specific, relevant details are used to fully explain
_____/10 Visually appealing
_____/10 Minimal errors in capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and grammar
_____/10 Bibliography using MLA format is attached to BACK of poster
_____/25 Two to three minutes in length
_____/25 Organize your ideas so you do not ramble…use note cards if needed (practice beforehand)
_____/25 Use eye contact – do not read word for word (practice beforehand)
_____/25 Project your voice and use enthusiasm (practice beforehand)