“We Didn’t Start the Fire” Slide Show Assignment Sheet
- You will research information about a topic from the song to create a PowerPoint/Slide Show.
- DO NOT PLAGIARIZE – this will result in a 0
- You are summarizing the topic by explaining what/who the topic is/was and what impact the topic had/has on the world.
- Note: Wikipedia should not be your first stop to locate information.
Slide #1: Title/Name/VisualSlide
Slides #2-8: Use subtitles/Bulleted summaries (approximately six per slide)/Visuals
Slide #9: Bibliography Using MLA Format (include date accessed for Internet)
Slide #10: Closing
- Include visuals that fit in with the information
- Each slide should have a heading – capitalization counts
- USE bullets NOT paragraphs
- Use a larger font size – 24 pt. and above
- Do not try to cram too much information on one slide – approximately six bullets is a good rule
- Animations/Transitions are great, but you can have too much of a good thing
Be prepared to make a three- to four-minute formal presentation. The slide show should not replace the speaker. Do not read word for word.
_____/10 Title slide
_____/10 Headings are used on each slide to guide reader
_____/50 Relevant details fully explain using bulleted lists (approximately six bullets per slide)
_____/10 Slide show is visually appealing and professional-looking
_____/10 Minimal errors in punctuation, spelling, and grammar
_____/10 Bibliography using MLA format is included – include DATE ACCESSED for Internet entries
_____/25 You provide more details than what is on your slide show (practice beforehand)
_____/25 Organize your ideas so you do not ramble…use note cards if needed (practice beforehand)
_____/25 Use eye contact – do not read word for word (practice beforehand)
_____/25 Project your voice and use enthusiasm (practice beforehand)