Les Premieres is an after school performance dance program available to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
- These individual dance groups focus on community outreach by performing all over Marion County at various events.
- The Winter Show, Spring Show, Light up Ocala, and FAFO are events that are Mandatory in order to participate in the program you may find those dates on my calendar.
- Students have a full schedule and must be available for Saturday performance that are not yet listed on calendar. This is a big commitment and performances must be a priority for the dancer.
- The after school program is strictly choreography based, therefore, dancers must be registered for at least 1 semester of dance during the current school year to learn techniques required to be successful learning the choreography.
- There are two divisions, Tap and Jazz (Lyrical, African, Hip Hop, and Modern are included)) for each grade level, see schedule below.
The Performance wear for both divisions is mandatory, must be maintained by parents(see picturs at the bottom), and includes the following:
- Girls need; black spaghetti strapped leotard, tan (non-shiny) transitional tights, black dance shorts, black jazz pants.
- Boys need; a black t-shirt (or athletic shirt), black pants, and black socks.
- All Tap dancers need black tap shoes.
- All Jazz dancers need black jazz shoes.
- Rehearsal for both genre are done on the same day so dancers may sign up for Jazz, Tap, or both.
Welcome back MSA parents!
Normally this time of year you would be receiving a Fine Arts Package. This package lists all of the after school enrichment groups provide by the Fine Arts Department:
This packet would provide you with information for these after school programs including sign-up sheets, requirements to participate, a weekly schedule, and show dates.
Due to the ever-changing circumstance related to COVID-19 in both our community and the world in general, all after school Fine Arts programs will be on hold for the first semester.
Towards the end of the semester (December), we will reassess the overall situation. If at that time, things are better in the community at large and it is safe to back to normal, we will send home the Fine Arts Packet for you to look over during the Holiday break.
We are all anxious to get back to doing what we love in a safe and secure environment. We hope this will happen very soon! In the meantime, please take care of each other and we will see you in the classroom!
Mr. Berardi, Ms Bergstrom , Miss Sheila, and Ms Wetz
For performance details and final instructions please visit the Performance Information page frequently.
ENCORE (co-directed with Kathy Coleman, MSA Music Specialist) is comprised of 4th & 5th grade boys and girls that sing and dance. Visit the ENCORE page for details.