Les Premieres is an after school performance dance program available to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
- These individual dance groups focus on community outreach by performing all over Marion County at various events.
- The Winter Show, Spring Show, Light up Ocala, and FAFO are events that are Mandatory in order to participate in the program you may find those dates on my calendar.
- Students have a full schedule and must be available for Saturday performance that are not yet listed on calendar. This is a big commitment and performances must be a priority for the dancer.
- The after school program is strictly choreography based, therefore, dancers must be registered for at least 1 semester of dance during the current school year to learn techniques required to be successful learning the choreography.
- There are two divisions, Tap and Jazz (Lyrical, African, Hip Hop, and Modern are included)) for each grade level, see schedule below.
The Performance wear for both divisions is mandatory, must be maintained by parents(see picturs at the bottom), and includes the following:
- Girls need; black spaghetti strapped leotard, tan (non-shiny) transitional tights, black dance shorts, black jazz pants.
- Boys need; a black t-shirt (or athletic shirt), black pants, and black socks.
- All Tap dancers need black tap shoes.
- All Jazz dancers need black jazz shoes.
- Rehearsal for both genre are done on the same day so dancers may sign up for Jazz, Tap, or both.
- Monday - Open for extra rehearsal all groups
- Tuesday - 3rd grade girls bell - until 3:30
- Wednesday - 5th grade girls and ALL boys - bell until 4:00
- Thursday - 4th grade girls - bell until 3:30
- Friday - ENCORE (4th & 5th grade boys and girls) bell until 3:30
For performance details and final instructions please visit the Performance Information page frequently.
ENCORE (co-directed with Kathy Coleman, MSA Music Specialist) is comprised of 4th & 5th grade boys and girls that sing and dance. Visit the ENCORE page for details.