Instructional Curriculum and Goals
We will be working on mastering 2nd grade skills found in the Florida Academic Standards. These standards are focused on preparing students to learn critical skills in Reading/Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. Specific information will be shared as the year progresses.
Specific skills / curriculum we will use include -
1. I-Ready, standards based lessons for reading and math.
2. Online I-Ready instruction - at students functioning level.
3. Vocabulary instruction including high frequence words found in most texts, grammar vocabulary - antonyms, synonyms and homonyms, and Higher order vocabulary used in reading and writing.
4. Science instruction including the content of science and the application of science. We will have Science Friday - a time to do experiments that reinforce the science content learning of the week.
5. Math instruction focused on the building components of higher order math like algebra, multiplication and geometry.
Our Daily Schedule