- Overview: Pre-Calculus is a preparatory course for Calculus with an emphasis on the study of functions and their relationships and other skills necessary for the study of calculus.
- Content: Linear, Polynomial, Rational and Transcendental (Exponential, Logarithmic, Trigonometric) Functions and their relationships. Conics, Parametric Equations, Polar Coordinates, Sequences and Series, Probability, and Limits.
- Instructional methods: lecture, discovery, and group work (please review the next day’s lesson in the “notebook” as listed on the lesson schedule (assignment sheet) before coming to class for participation)
- Goals: critical reading, analytical thinking, creative synthesis and problem solving, and attention to detail regarding all Pre-Calculus topics
- Objective: preparation for college options as well as correct placement in the math course for which you are best suited next year, if applicable
- Major Work: Homework, Class Participation, Quizzes, Exams, and Group Tutorial Work