Mr. Perry’s- Syllabus and Course Information!
8th grade pre-algebra is an exciting course! Math is much like solving a puzzle that you have to understand the rules to follow and then solve these puzzles one step at a time while keeping your problem neat and orderly. The first 9 weeks we will cover Unit A and B which covers square roots and solving Multi-step equations with variables on both sides. We will also have daily bell ringers which will cover math skills needed in math, and we will be utilizing Pearson’s Digits which is a math program that is computer based and an excellent teaching tool.
- Respect Others: Treat others, teachers and students, as you would like them to treat you. Use and care for the equipment in your classroom.
- Raise your hand to be recognized: No talking in class until you have been recognized or group discussion is taking place and then respect other’s right to speak.
- Be on time and prepared for class. This means be in the classroom before the tardy bell rings. You should be in your assigned seats and have your materials out that you will need for class.
- 3 ring binder or a duo tang folder with clips.
- Classwork &Quizzes=50%
- Tests, Projects, and Presentations=40%