Welcome to Ms. Lanier's Class!
Here are the expectations during distance learning
- For each week of online learning, the task expectations during the instructional week will be: 3 ELA tasks, 3 Math tasks, 1 Science task, and 1 Social Studies task in addition to a minimum of 45 minutes of i-Ready Reading and Math and 20 minutes of independent reading. These tasks will be posted each Monday and due by Sunday.
- iReady: To log your child onto iReady, you will need to do so through the MCPS desktop. Visit marionschools.net and click on MCPS Desktop icon in the top right corner. Once you login, locate white iReady tile. You may then click on Reading or Math.
- MyON: This is an online library resource. Your child will access this the same way as iReady, through the MCPS desktop. Visit marionschools.net and click on the MCPS Desktop icon in the top right corner.
- Studies Weekly: This is an online resource for Social Studies. Your child will access this the same way as iReady and MyON through the MCPS Desktop. Visit marionschools.net and click on the MCPS Desktop icon in the top right corner.
- Think Central: This is an online resource for Math. Your child will access this the same way as iReady, MyON, and Studies Weekly.Visit marionschools.net and click on the MCPS Desktop icon in the top right corner.
- ReadWorks.org articles for our reading will be in the file library on the assignments page. Hard copies will also be available upon request.
- **Once you are logged in to the desktop for iReady, MyON, Studies Weekly, or Think Central if you are unable to locate these tiles, you can search for them by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top left corner.
- Smarty Ants (optional): This is an additional reading resource. The link is play.smartyants.com. The username is penguins (lowercase) and the password is your child's 6 digit student number.
- IXL (optional): This is an additional reading and math resource. The link is ixl.com/signin/harbourview. The username and password are both your child's 6 digit student number.
- Your child will have five to seven days for the completion of a task.
- Students will be able to turn in assignments electronically.
- Student attendance will be taken on a daily basis.
- Students can demonstrate attendance in a number of ways, including by not limited to the examples listed below:
- Logging in to an online platform
- Sending an email or message via ClassDojo app, etc.
- Engaging in a phone call with a teacher
- During this new time it is important for us to keep an open communication between us!
- Office hours will be from Monday through Friday, 11:00am-1:00pm
- Listed are the multiple ways I am able to communicate with you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Area Classes:
- Your child's special area teachers will have assignments for your child as well. Your child's PE coach is Coach Crawford, the art teacher is Mr. Chighizola, and the music teacher is Mrs. Hutto. Please look at their websites for their assignments.
- Week 1: Tast for Art
- Week 2: Task for PE
- Week 3: Task for Music
***Per FL DOE directive, all MCPS schools are closed March 16-April 15.
All EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES during this same time period are cancelled. ***
"GRAB & GO" free meal service - click this link for delivery sites and approximate times. To suggest additional service sites, call 352.671.7050 (7AM-4PM, M-F; wait time could be lengthy).
SUPPLEMENTAL STUDENT LEARNING RESOURCES are available while classes are suspended.
MCPS actively works daily with the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Department of Education, and Marion County Emergency Management to remain current on COVID-19 / Coronavirus details. The most accurate updates are available at www.FloridaHealth.gov and www.CDC.gov.
FLDOH Marion County Coronavirus Hotline: 352.644.2590
Our primary goals are to keep our schools safe, stop the spread, and educate our community. For more information regarding our COVID-19 / Coronavirus actions, click here.