Happy Tuesday parents –
Welcome to the LAST WEEK of Distance Learning. :-) Hooray!! First Grade has changed the Google slides assignments for this upcoming week and can be found on your child’s Google Classroom under the heading, “The Week of May 25th – June 1st Distance Learning”.
Activities this week:
- Keep emailing drawings/pictures of your child participating in the last week of activities known as the “Final Days of First Grade (Distance Learning Style)”. It is attached for easy access :-
- Thursday, May 28th will be the last day to complete an AR TEST to count for the 4th Quarter.
- On Monday, June 1st from 10am - 11am, the First Grade would like to get ALL of First Grade students on Zoom for a virtual dance party known as “Zoomin’ out of 1st Grade”. Please come to see all the first graders enjoy some great music, laughs and seeing their friends! This will be the last Zoom meeting of the year! :-(
For Reading this week, your child will continue to read the last 3 chapters in our CKLA Skills 7 Reader. For Math, students will learn about Equal Shares and Fractions. In Social Studies, students will review Economics concepts and complete a task. In Science, students will review the Standards/Topics we learned in Science this year and then complete a task. Special Area of the week is: TECHNOLOGY. Have your child go to their Google Classroom for Mrs. Cynthia Leppala and go to the top "Stream" or "Classwork" area to see the TECHNOLOGY assignment (s) for this week. If any questions, please email Mrs. Cindy Leppala at: Cynthia.Leppala@marion.k12.fl.us Remember: Ms. Sheila is offering OPTIONAL live dance sessions today and Thursday at 9:30am for First Grade. This will be the last of this school year.
The above Quick Look at this week’s tasks/assignments can be used as a checklist to make sure all is completed/learned. I also attached a copy to this email. I will review all assignments/tasks throughout the week and would encourage your child to fulfill the assignment requirements by Friday because I will be starting to upload grades in Skyward beginning Friday night. However, if you need the weekend, I have the DUE DATE set to SUNDAY. :-)
Have a wonderful evening/week and if any questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me.
Our weekly zoom meetings are scheduled for Thursday at 6pm and Fridayat 2:30. I will send the invites by Wednesday.
Please answer my daily morning question as I use this to log my attendance. Continue to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.Have a wonderful evening/week and if any questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
For IXL, go to https://www.ixl.com/signin/madisonsa and enter your child's username and password and click "Sign in."
(Username = student's first letter of first name and your whole last name Password = student's lunch number). Click on any skill to start learning!
In the following weeks, the task assignments will be:
* 3 READING/ELA/Writing Assignments/Tasks
* 3 Math Assignments/Tasks
* 1 Science Assignment/Task
* 1 Social Studies Assignment/Task
* 20 minutes daily of AR/MyOn Reading (You have access to take AR tests from home! Go to https://hosted257.renlearn.com/72115/ to take AR tests. REMEMBER: Username is your child's 6 digit student number and password is your child's 2-digit birth month and 4-digit birth year (for example, if my child was born August 2013 password would be 082013).
* 45 minutes weekly of iReady ELA Lessons (3 times a week for 15 minutes). It is fine if you go over the minutes to finish a lesson.
* 45 minutes weekly of iReady Math Lessons (3 times a week for 15 minutes). It is fine if you go over the minutes to finish a lesson.
* Special Area Assignments/tasks weekly (see that teacher’s website). This week is Music.
We will continue to utilize my school email for our first method of communication. Please email me a message if you have any questions or concerns anytime. I would like to open a chat dialog time between 9am - 10am and again between 1pm - 2pm to answer any questions you may have on these assignments. We can dialog through email or chat through Google Classroom.
Mrs. Tomeka Webb
First Grade Teacher
Madison Street Academy