Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Monday through Thursday: Complete assignments for Homework Contract
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday Folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading Literature - Main Idea and details, comprehension questions, character motivation in literature, central message/theme/moral of a text
Reading Informational Text - Main Idea and details, comprehension questions, describe relationships using time, sequence, and cause/effect
Math - Place value to 1000, rounding to the nearest 10, rounding to the nearest 100, adding to 1000, subtracting from 1000, multiplication strategies
Science - Scientists, scientific process, properties of matter
Social Studies - Citizenship, map skills
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete homework assignments weekly and get a parent signature upon completion.
- Read 20 minutes every evening and take AR test weekly.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready reading.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready math.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.