Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading - Character motivation in literature, central message/theme/moral of a text, compare/contrast 2 texts, text structure in non-fiction ( cause/effect, sequence, compare/contrast), main idea of non-fiction articles
Writing - opinion and expain writing
Math - attributes of shapes, review of all third grade math concepts
Science - classify animals, plants and animals response to the environment
Social Studies - Economics; scarcity, currency, buyers and sellers, good and services
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete day planner daily.
- Read 20 minutes every evening.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 1 Kid Biz articles a week.
- Complete at least 3 IXL math activities a week.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.