Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Monday through Thursday: Complete assignments for Homework Contract
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday Folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading Literature - how illustrations add to a text, compare and contrast texts, , respond to questions using complete sentences
Reading Informational Text - determine how texts are organized (sequence, cause/effectcompare/contrast), how illustrations add to a text, respond to questions using complete sentences
Writing - Write third grade quality sentences, write paragraphs, write opinion essay
Math - area and perimeter, fractions, measurement, word problems
Science - Life Science: plants grow, reproduce and respond to environment
Social Studies - Cultures of the USA, Regions of the USA, Environment and population of the USA
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete homework assignments weekly and get a parent signature upon completion.
- Read 20 minutes every evening and take AR test weekly.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready reading in class.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready math in class.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.