Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading - Point of view of author or character, central message/theme/moral of a text, understanding poetry, compare/contrast themes, settings, plots, characters
Writing - opinion and expain writing
Math - equivalent fractions, fraction on number line, numerator/denominator, measure volume, measure mass, measure distance, picture graphs, bar graphs, attributes of shapes, time to nearest minute, time intervals
Science - Sun has light and heat energy, stars, gravity, plants structure, plant reproduction, plant reponse to stimulus
Social Studies - physical map, political map, product map, North American culture and ethnic groups,
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete day planner daily.
- Read 20 minutes every evening.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 1 Kid Biz articles a week.
- Complete at least 3 IXL math activities a week.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.