Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Monday through Thursday: Complete assignments for Homework Contract
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday Folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading Literature - determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text;
analyze the section, chapter, scene, or stanze of a text and how it relates to the whole text
determine how point of view shapes the characters
Reading Informational Text - determine the meaning of words and phrases in an informational text
analyze how structures such as captions, maps, illustrations, sidebars, charts add to informational texts
determine how the author's point of view shapes the information provided
Math - multiplication and division word problems with unknown factors
two step word problems
perimeter and area of shapes
Science - Forms of energy; light, heat, mechanical, electrical,and sound energy
our sun and other stars
Social Studies - map skills and geography
American Government; local, state, and national
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete homework assignments weekly and get a parent signature upon completion.
- Read 20 minutes every evening and take AR test weekly.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready reading.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready math.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.