Child Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Thursday: Read an AR book for 20 minutes.
- Monday through Thursday: Complete assignments for Homework Contract
- Friday Look over the papers in the Friday Folder with an adult and have a parent sign the folder confirming that they have seen the graded papers and behavior grade for the week.
Standards for each subject
Reading Literature - Review all standards for third grade focusing on the higher level of understanding
Reading Informational Text - Review all standards for third grade focusing on the higher level of understanding
Math - Tiime to the minute, intervals of time, measurement to 1/4 inch, measurement of solids and liquids, review of all standards focusing on word problems
Science - Clissification of animals, how plants and animals are affected by seasonal changes
Social Studies - Regions of the USA characteristics, how our economy functions
Standards will be changing every nine weeks so keep checking back to see what your child is learning. This makes it easier to question them about what they are learning.
Year at a Glance
- Complete homework assignments weekly and get a parent signature upon completion.
- Read 20 minutes every evening and take AR test weekly.
- Complete assignments in class on time.
- Make up all assigned work missed due to absence in less than a week.
- Cooperate with assigned groups to complete class assignments.
- Use complete sentences for written responses when appropriate.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready reading.
- Complete 45 minutes a week of i-Ready math.
- Meet the individualized AR reading goal for the 9 weeks.