Child's Responsibility at Home
- Monday through Friday: Read a book or My On book for 20 minutes.
- Monday through Friday: Complete a Teams reading assignments and a GoMath assignment at home
Standards for First Quarter:______________________________________
- Read literature texts and and answer questions using the text as the basis for the answer.
- Read literature and retell the story using important details and explaining the central message(moral) of the story.
- Describe characters in literature and explain how their actions contribute to the story.
Reading Information Texts:
- Read informational texts and answer questions using the text as the basis for the answer.
- Read texts to determine the main idea and important details to support that main idea.
- Use language that explains the sequence and/or cause/effect relationships in informational texts.
- Write third grade quality sentences in response to questions using punctuation, capitals, subject, and predicate.
- Write a paragraph with an introduction, 2-3 description sentences for the body, and conclusion sentence.
- Use place value to round numbers to the nearest 10 and nearest 100.
- Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies.
- Multiply and divide using strategies.
- Use the Scientific Process to conduct experiments on Matter and Energy.
- Describe matter using attributes such as temperature, mass, volume, size, shape, color, texture, and hardness for solid objects and liquids.
- Describe the changes water undergoes when it changes state from a solid, to liquid, to gas.
- Recognize that energy is the ability to cause motion or create a change.
- Investigate forms of energy such as light, heat, sound, electrical, and mechanical energy.
- Use and create maps of North America to locate information.
- Investigate the 5 regions of the USA