• SS.4.A.3.3 - Identify the significance of St. Augustine as the oldest permanent European settlement in the United States.
• SS.4.A.3.4 - Explain the purpose of and daily life on missions (San Luis de Talimali in present-day Tallahassee).
• SS.4.A.3.5 - Identify the significance of Fort Mose as the first free African community in the United States.
• SS.4.A.3.6 - Identify the effects of Spanish rule in Florida.
• SS.4.A.3.7 - Identify nations (Spain, France, England) that controlled Florida before it became a United States territory.
● MAFS.4.OA.2.4c Determine whether a given whole number in the range 1・100 is prime or composite.
MAFS.4.OA.3.5 Generate a number or shape pattern that follows a given rule. Identify apparent features of the pattern that were not explicit in the rule itself.
SC.4.N.1.8 Recognize that science involves creativity in designing experiments. SC.4.P.8.2 Identify properties and common uses of water in each of its states. SC.4.P.9.1 Identify some familiar changes in materials that result in other materials with different characteristics, such as decaying animal or plant matter, burning, rusting, and cooking. SC.4.P.10.1 Observe and describe some basic forms of energy, including light, heat, sound, electrical, and the energy of motion. SC.4.P.10.2 Investigate and describe that energy has the ability to cause motion or create change SC.4.P.10.3 Investigate and explain that sound is produced by vibrating objects and that pitch depends on how fast or slow the object vibrates. SC.4.P.10.4 Describe how moving water and air are sources of energy and can be used to move things. SC.4.P.11.1 Recognize that heat flows from a hot object to a cold object and that heat flow may cause materials to change temperature. SC.4.P.11.2 Identify common materials that conduct heat well or poorly.
LAFS.4.RI.1.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text. LAFS.4.RL.1.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
LAFS.4.RL.2.6 Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first- and third-person narrations.
LAFS.4.RI.2.6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same topic event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
LAFS.4.RI.3.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
Essential Writing Standard LAFS.4.W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
Essential Speaking and Listening Standard LAFS.4.SL.1.3 Identify the reasons and evidence a speaker provides to support particular points.
Essential Language Standard LAFS.4.L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing and speaking.
LAFS.4.L.1.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.