Welcome to Advanced 7th Language Arts
7th Advanced Language Arts Reading Expectations
Quarterly Word Goals
- Students are expected to read 30 minutes a night.
- Students have time in Language Arts to read during the week.
- Each student will have an independent goal of words read to earn each quarter.
- The first quarter’s word goal for all students is 250,000 words.
- The second, third, and fourth quarters’ goals will be sent home, in writing, for students to obtain a parent signature.
- A Word Count Log will maintain the word count for each student.
- Students need to write the titles of all books being read as well as the word count.
- Word counts can be found in online searches (arbookfind.com) and/or by doing a word estimate.
- Word estimate: count the number of lines on one page (L); count the number of words in one line (W); get the number of pages (P); then multiply L x W x P for the estimated word count.
- STUDENTS MUST HAVE A READING BOOK WITH THEM EVERY SCHOOL DAY.