Mr. Hamrick's Advanced Mathematics Class
Here are some of the basics of my class:
- Periods 1-6 are all doing the same things (after the 2nd quarter a class is started that covers 7th and 8th grade skills if there are students that have shown they are ready)
- Homework is usually on Monday and Wednesday and always due the next day.
- We go over homework together to see if the material is understood and then it is collected
- Students get a practice version of the Unit tests when we start a unit as a study tool; the actual test has the same types of problems.
- Quizzes are sometimes 'pop' quizzes but since all are open notes this should not be a concern 'if' quality notes are being taken.
- There are usually 1-2 projects per quarter, at least 1 will be done 'in-class'.
- Notebooks will be graded and checked for: 1.organization/no skipped pages 2. writing out problems/questions/examples not just putting answers 3. quality of notes
- The course outline has the entire 9 weeks material/assignments listed
- Never be too afraid or too cool to ask for help; ask questions and/or see me before classes get started (during homeroom there is 15-20 minutes).
- Use the on-line resources available: your on-line textbook has lots of extra practice/tools.