World History Honors & AP
APWH Students & Parents:
Global Interactions, c. 1450 to c. 1750
- Key Concept 4.1. Globalizing Networks of Communication and Exchange
- Key Concept 4.2. New Forms of Social Organization and Modes of Production
- Key Concept 4.3. State Consolidation and Imperial Expansion
Chapter 16 - Transformations in Europe 1500-1750
Chapter 17 - Diversity of American Colonial Societies 1530 – 1770
Chapter 18 - The Atlantic System and Africa 1550–1800
Chapter 19 - Southwest Asia & the Indian Ocean 1500–1750
Chapter 20 - Northern Eurasia 1500–1800
Honors WH Students & Parents
How did the Age of Absolutism lead to the ideas of the Enlightenment?
- How did the Absolute Monarchs of Spain, France, and Russia secure their power?
- How did England develop into a Constitutional Monarchy?
- How did Enlightenment Philosophers respond to Absolute Monarchs?
How did the Enlightenment lead to Revolutions in the Americas and France?
- How did the Enlightenment influence thirteen British Colonies in America?
- What events led to the French Revolution?
- In what ways did Napoléon continue and change France’s Revolutionary Ideals?
- Why did Revolutions spread to Latin America and the Caribbean?
Essay: Compare/Contrast American & French Revolutions
Try to keep your game face on!
Degrees and Certifications:
Meet the Teacher
2005 Graduate from the University of Florida (Yes, I was old)
Atlantic World History - BA Cum Laude
BIG TIME Gator Fan since 1968!
My 13th Year Teaching - All at Forest
Previous experience: Mostly Sales/Management, Construction
Married 38 Years - My Wife owns a Gluten-Free Bakery in Ocala (SaraFay Farm)
3 Kids - 2 Boys, Younger Girl (ALL Awesome!)
3 Grandkids - 2 Girls: 6 & 3, Younger Boy: 2
3 Dogs - All Rescued
4 Cats (Don't get me started)
1 Wussy Rabbit
1 Fish who will not die!
First Ancestor to come to America: Alexander Whitaker, 1611 Jamestown. Set up 2 Churches. He converted & Baptized Pocahontas, Proof hangs in US Capitol. Also wrote a famous book: Good Newes From Virginia, 1613
Lived in Ocala since 1960 (Love it here!)
My Dad was a FL Native, served in the Marine Corps 30+ years, fought in WWII & Korea. My Mom was a Marine too!
Love Classic Rock, OLD Jazz, Classical Music
I LOVE HISTORY!!!! (It's contagious)