Forest High School
Course: Health Science Anatomy & Physiology
Teacher: Ms. McManis
Grading Policy: Weighted Average
Unit Tests – 50%
Medical Terminology Quizzes – 35%
Classroom assignments – 5%
Nine Weeks Project / Notebook checks – 10%
- Analyze and interpret an overview of the human body, including organization and chemical process.
- Apply correct medical terminology relating to body structure and function.
- Discuss & describe cell structure and function in healthy tissue.
- Analyze each body system in relation to health and disease.
- Discuss and research health careers related to each body system.
- Identify and explain factors relating to the transmission of disease.
- Apply basic math & science skills.
- Taking daily notes and copying information off the board is mandatory and is part of your grade for this class.
**** A FINAL GRADE OF 85% OR HIGHER IS NEEDED TO PROGRESS TO HEALTH SCIENCE 2. ALSO, MUST HAVE GOOD ATTENDANCE AND GOOD DISCIPLINE RECORED****
The purpose of the following rules is to create a classroom environment where learning can occur in an enjoyable atmosphere. Failure to observe these rules can result in disciplinary action.
- Arrive to class on time and sitting in your assigned seat when the bell rings.
- Be prepared- Notebooks, Paper, Pen, Pencil, etc.
- Assignments will be handed in at the beginning of the period on the due date.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the classroom as long as you don’t leave a mess.
- Horseplay is NOT ALLOWED in the classroom. This will ensure the safety of our students.
- Please raise your hand to speak when asking a question or participating in a group discussion.
- You need the teacher’s permission to leave the classroom.
- Courtesy and respect for all.
- Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in you not being able to shadow.
Cell phones should not interrupt or interfere with classroom learning.