Check out our YouTube page to see what your student is doing in Music class!
It is my goal to provide a fun, safe environment for students to experience music through the Orff method of "Sing, Say, Dance, Play."
From Kindergarten through 5th grade, we will grow and expand the folowing aspects of our musical knowledge based on the Florida Sunshine State Standards for Music:
- Critical Listening
- Critical Thinking and Response
- Performance Techniques
- Cultural Music
- Sight Reading
- Improvisation and Arranging
- Music Composition
- Music in Our Lives and Community (3rd)
- Exemplary Historic Works (4th-5th)
- Music Business (4th-5th)
The grading scale for elementary Special Area classes has changed this year. There are only TWO different letter grades students can earn: M or P.
- M - Student is meeting grade level standards and expectations.
- P - Student is progressing towards grade level standards and expectations.