6th Grade Course Information - 2017-2018
Course Syllabus : Syllabus - 2017 - 2018 - Mrs. TURKOGLU
Supply List : Supply List - 6 grade - 2017 - 2018
Digits - Online Textbook : Pearson_RealizeParentLetter
WWhat is student responsibility?
MCPS September 2017 Newsletter: Student responsibility occurs when students take an active role in their learning by recognizing they are accountable for their academic success. Student responsibility is demonstrated when students make choices and take actions which lead them toward their educational goals. Please read our newsletter Newsletter- September 2017 - MCPS .
Responsible students take ownership of their actions by exhibiting the following behaviors. They:
- demonstrate academic integrity and honesty.
- attend and participate in classes, prepared and on time.
- complete the assigned work in a timely manner with attention to quality of work.
- avoid making excuses for their behavior.
- communicate in a careful and respectful manner with instructors, peers, and other members of the school.
- are engaged learners who dedicate sufficient time outside of class to school work.
- act in a civil manner that respects the school learning/social environment and complies with school policies outlined in the student constitution and code of school conduct.
- utilize school resources and seek help when needed.
- respect diverse ideas and opinions.
- identify, develop, and implement a plan to achieve their educational goals.
Learn how to help your child have a successful school year and future!
ONLINE RESOURCES:Dear students and parents/guardians,If you need extra help, here are the best online resources to study from in addition to our own textbook:
www.geogebra.com for geometry
www.acaletics.com for math help
www.ed.gov student and parent resources
www.fldoe.org student and parent resources
www.macmillanmh.com/reading/ for elementary reading series resources
www.SchoolMathPrep.com for middle school math
Timed math drills
Also, the district Math Program Specialist, Ms. Strickler, prepared a series of links for the Khan Academy's webpages which are correlated to our curriculum maps. Please check out those links as well at : Khan correlations to GCGs-MJ-Grade 6