Disney refund checks will be mailed out as soon as Disney sends the check. All paperwork has been done. We are waiting for Disney. Please email me and let us know who to make the check out to. Thanks for your patience.
If you have missed assignments go back and do them. Check your email. Email me if you have any questions.
All assignments and make up work are due by 5/29 @ 2:00 p.m. You may make up any missed assignments. Check the portal for your grades. 50's mean you need to make up the assignment.
7th graders using school instruments that are intending on being in band next year may keep them for the summer.
Awards zoom meeting Monday, 5/25 @ 8:00 p.m. Zoom info and password will be sent to students email on Monday, May 25.
Assignments due 5/20 and announcements
- We will be having our awards via zoom on Monday 5/25 @ 8:00 p.m. These are the awards that would have been given out at the concert. I will email and post on web page the zoom info and password next week.
- Students that left items or instruments in the band room may pick them up on Tuesday, May 19 from 8:00-10:00 a.m. Please email me if you will be picking up items and what you will be picking up so I can get it ready.
- Breezin do at least 1 drill
- Smart music- look under assignments in smart music. I put the assignment for the next week also as you will be learning half the solo this week and the other half next week. If you have no instrument or smart music you must do the following for a grade: 2 page report on the history of bands. Do in your own words. Don't just copy and paste.
Assignments due 5/13 Wed.
- Everyone read article on intonation and email me 3 things learned after reading article. ARTICLE
- Breezin- 1 drill. I will be checking to see that you increased by at least 1 drill from last week.
- Smart music- under assignments in smart music. Those without smart music email me a video or sound clip of you playing #31 from the blue book. Those without instruments work from 8 notes (the trainers) and email me what you worked on to get credit.
Assignments due 5/6 Wednesday:
- At lease 1 Breezin drill. Even if you do more than 1 drill, make sure to do at least 1 each week. I will be checking to see that the drill completed numbers go up each week by at least 1.
- Smart music- #30. Those with out smart music, send me a sound clip or short video of you playing #30 in blue book or your Db concert scale if you don't have a blue book. Those without instruments email me what you did on 8notes.com with the trainers. Work for at least 15 minutes.
Continue to practice the solo you selected and emailed to me.
- Zoom meeting this Friday 5/1 @ 9:00 a.m.- 9:30 a.m. I will email the code to your school email before the meeting. Make sure you use your real name or I won't let you into the meeting.
Assignments due 4/29 Wednesday:
- At least 1 Breezin drill. Make sure you check in weekly on Breezin for roll. Even if you do more than 1 drill, make sure to do 1 each week. I will be checking to see that the drill completed numbers go up each week.
- Smart Music- 30 minutes of practice each week on smart music-practice the song you selected or anything else you find interesting in smart music. I will be checking how many minutes you are practicing. If you can't do smart music because of computer practice 30 minutes each week and email me each week a list what you practiced. If you have no instrument at home to practice, go onto www.8notes.com and go to the resources/music theory. Scroll down and work on the trainers at the bottom (ex. note trainer, brass trainer, ear trainer, etc)
- Zoom meeting Friday 4/24 @ 9:00 a.m. Check you email for the invite.
- Students that did not audition for West Port and are still wanting to be in the band need to email Mr. Vance.
Assignments due 4/22 Wednesday:
- Breezin thru theory- Make sure you log in each week by Wednesday as that is how I will take roll. Keep going with the next drill. If you have trouble go back to the lessons.
- Smart Music- Find a solo, concert band, or jazz band song that you would like to learn. Make sure the difficulty level is begininng, very easy or easy. Email me the title and where you found the song and the difficulty level. It will be an assignment later. Look for it in smart music for a later assignment. This will take me some time to put in as an assigment in smart music as it will be an individual assignment for each student.
- The previous week you were to watch a video and list some items you want to do. 1 item was due last week. Some of you did not do it.
Assignments due 4/15 Wednesday:
- Breezin thru theory-If you have not missed any assignments then keep on going to the next drill. If you have missed drills, go back to the earliest on and make all of them up. I should see that you have been logged in every week. This is how I will take roll.
- Smart Music- 1 assignment due. Check smart music.
- Watch this video: https://www.conn-selmer.com/en-us/resources/videos/educational-videos/special-message-to-students-from-tim-lautzenhesier Make a list of some of these ideas that you will do. Email me the list and date you do them. 1 item from video list due this week.
Assignments due 4/8 Wednesday
- Breezin thru theory - (log in info listed below) If you have not done Breezin at all or missed some drills, go back to the earliest one you missed. Do the lessons first so you know how to do the drills. You must complete 1 drill per week. If you have been keeping up with it, then you should be on Chapter 4-3a.
- Smart Music- check assignments for the one to work on and submit. Don't submit until you have the grade you want in the gradebook. You will have one due each week. For Smart Music go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join. When asked put in the code. The code for advanced band is LN7U2-EHZUF. You may have to create an account. You will need to wait for me to approve you before you can get your assignment or receive the email. Play around with smart music. It can be alot of fun.
Advanced band/marching band is for students who have successfully completed beginning band. There will be after school rehearsals and concerts through out the school year. Advanced band is a 1 year course.
Here are some useful items for the school year:
Email Mrs. Koehn -email@example.com
Scale sheets *Make sure you only print the page number for your instrument. No need to print all 16 pages.
Remind app- to sign up for Adv. Band remind app enter 81010 text @g79b3g
Assignments for Advanced Band
All students should practice their scales. Students should practice a minimum of 20 minutes a day outside of the classroom setting. Smart music tests are due twice each nine weeks. Grade will be reduced for late tests.
Breezin thru music theory is a computer based program to enhance learning about music theory. The subscription for the students have been paid. They may access through computer, tablet or cell phone. Grades will be taken from some of the assignments. Info to log in:
The following link will allow you to view the calendar of events for the year for advanced band. Calendar of events