Classroom Rules and Expectations
Act as a responsible and contributing citizen.
- Enter the classroom or online meeting quietly and on time.
- Immediately begin the bellwork activity.
- Cellphones, hats, and headphones (classroom only) off and put away unless the teacher specifically asks you to bring them out.
- Raise your hand to ask or answer a question.
Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Model integrity and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards others.
- Use a compliment sandwich when critiquing others' work. (compliment, constructive criticism, compliment)
Take an active role and ownership in your own learning.
- Work productively. (Avoid gaming, watching sports, etc.)
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Nothing in my classes is "too hard." Try giving a problem some thinking time, diligent effort, repeated practice, and/or resilience.
Technology Brain Image courtesy of Salon.com