Mrs. Van Vleet's Technology Classes
April 1st! No fooling!
- My classes resume April 1 via Google Classroom. See codes below.
- Instruction and assignments will be updated daily on Google Classroom (Google CR).
- I will use Remind to send out changes and/or information as it comes in from the district, school, College Board, etc. Parents: you may sign up as well! Always happy to have you on board!
- If you are not signed up for Remind, see the codes below and sign up immediately with either your phone number or email address. NOTE: if you use your email, you need to check it morning, noon, and evening. Don't miss important info!
- I will be available for each class of students at the time that class would normally meet at school. I will be on Google CR at that time, checking work, grading, etc. but will also be answering Reminds and email.
- I may host a Zoom video conference periodically. I will always announce these via Remind and Google CR.
One of the difficulties my classes are facing is the problem of game engine software. In order to continue making games and meeting state standards, each student needs access to a computer (not a Chromebook) with the appropriate software installed. See my notes for each class below.
We will study Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons. Look for the Copyright topic on Google CR.
Download the complete ClickTeam Fusion 2.5 for FREE USE until June. Test it out before April 1 and Remind me if there are problems. Thanks to ClickTeam for making this opportunity possible.
Gaming 2 and 3:
YoYo games has graciously agreed to make GameMaker Studio 2 available to you at home!! I hope you have a copy of the seat ID you were assigned at school, because you will need it to use the software. "Your students will be able to download the software. Once they've installed the software they will then be able to log in with the seat ID you have provided for them." Here's the link to download, just choose Windows or Mac.
In the meantime, download free versions of Unity and Blender to your computer. Test them before April 1 and Remind me if there are problems. NOTE: Unity has hidden the free download a bit - it's buried in the website, so use the link above.
We will finish Unit 5 via Google Classroom.
However, since the Create task is now worth at least 50% of your AP Test grade (and for college credit) take this time to evaluate your project and written responses. Are they really college level? Are they simplistic, or built in a hurry?
Review your submissions at https://collegeboard.org/digital-portfolio and upgrade your project. Use this rubric for your project evaluation: "2019 Performance Task Scoring Guidelines" . NOTE: you may have to ask me to send your files back to you first.
For more help go to https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/digital-submission/submit-ap-csp-work
If you do not already receive messages from me via Remind I suggest you download the app and sign up. This will be the fastest way to receive info. Class codes are shown below. Parents: Feel free to sign up, too.
Text your class code to 81010
period 1: @p1game
period 2: @p2game
period 3: @p3game
period 4: @p4apcsp
period 5: @p5game
period 6: @p6game
Google Classroom Codes
Gaming 1 Period 1: ghth3b6
Gaming 1 Period 2: gxp3zni
Gameing 3 Period 3: gyqbvap
APCSP Period 4: xuqlen2
Gaming 1 Period 5: nnbvbpl
Gaming 2 Period 6: qv54occ
Registration is opening for summer camps. Don't wait until May!
Gator Computing Program (iD Tech Camps) - Virtual camp!
Rollins College Summer Tech Camps (iD Tech Camps) Virtual camp!
CyberCamp (Florida Cyber Alliance)
SpaceX rocket propels first GPS III satellite into orbit. My son and his Air Force team helped secure funding for this and nine other GPS III satellites.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.