Phone: 291-4000 (work); (352) 462-3988 (cell)
Degrees and Certifications:
- Associate of Arts from College of Central Florida - Bachelor's of Science from The University of Florida - English Certification - Reading Endorsement - English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Certification - Exceptional Student Education (K-12)
Hello parents and students! My name is Mr. Lipari and I teach 11th Grade Intensive Reading and English 3 at West Port High School. Some Fun Facts:
- Born in New York
- Attended K-12 in Ocala, graduating from the IB program at Vanguard
- 15th year teaching at West Port High School (10th grade Intensive Reading, English 2 Honors, English 2, and English 4 in the past)
- Currently teach 5 periods of 11th grade Intensive Reading and 1 period of English 3
- Love listening to music (classic rock/'80s), attending concerts, watching movies and TV, reading, and traveling
- Big professional wrestling fan- I have watched it longer than my students have been alive
- Married for 8 years this October and we have 2 beautiful daughters (Gia will be 5 at the end of October and Frankie will be 3 in December).
- Also have two cats (Jinxie and Snickers) and one dog (Cannoli)
I am here to help my students succeed. All I ask of them is to have an open mind, be willing to try their hardest on new challenges, and to be respectful to me and their classmates. If they do this, we are guaranteed to have a GREAT year! West Port has school-wide expectations and I use them as my personal class rules. They are:
We are Prompt
We are Prepared
We are Polite
We are Productive
Mr. Lipari's e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Lipari's phone number: (352) 462-3988 (text)
Reading Plus and Microsoft Teams
We will use two main interfaces in this course.
Reading Plus is where you will do Reading and Vocabulary lessons each week for the bulk of your graded assignments. Microsoft Teams is where all of your assignments will be posted. We can communicate, meet in small groups and collaborate with each other on Microsoft Teams. It's important that you become familiar with both Microsoft Teams and Reading Plus.
How to get there: through your Desktop Portal
Use your student email and password combo to get in to the desktop and the app.
How to get there: readingplus.com
site code: westporths
username: student ID
password: student ID