Degrees and Certifications:
- Associate of Arts from College of Central Florida - Bachelor's of Science from The University of Florida - English Certification - Reading Endorsement - English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Certification
Hello parents and students! My name is Mr. Lipari and I teach Intensive Reading at West Port High School. This is my 13th year teaching here, and one of the things that I have learned is through sharing some information about myself, my students tend to feel more comfortable with me. I stress to my students the importance of having an open dialogue and sharing opinions because that leads to greater comprehension. If my students are comfortable with their classmates and me, they are more likely to be successful. So keeping that in mind, here's some key information about me:
- I was born in New York, but my parents moved down to Ocala a little over a month later. I attended K-12 in Ocala, graduating from the IB program at Vanguard.
- I received my Associates of Arts Degree from what is now called the College of Central Florida, and then transferred to the University of Florida and earned my Bachelor's of Science Degree in Journalism. Go Gators!
- This is my 13th year teaching at West Port High School. I have taught 10th grade Intensive Reading, English 2 Honors, and English 2 in the past, but currently teach 6 periods of 11th grade Intensive Reading.
- I love listening to music (classic rock/'80s is my jam), attending concerts, watching movies and TV, reading, and traveling. My guilty pleasure is I am a HUGE professional wrestling fan! I have been watching it longer than my students have been alive, so that should tell you something =)
- I married my wife in October 2012 and I enjoy spending quality time with her at home. We share our home with our two cats Jinxie (13 year old Calico) and Snickers (7 year old black cat) and one dog Cannoli (4 year old Puggle). They're adorable.
- I have 2 baby girls at home. Gia is going to turn 3 at the end of October and Francesca (Frankie) is going to turn 1 in December. I love them with all my heart. They are represented well both on my website and in my classroom through photos. Frankie is doing a good job sitting and rolling over. Gia has been talking more and loves watching movies, playing with her dolls, and playing with her baby sister and the animals.
I am here to help my students succeed. All I ask of them is to have an open mind, be willing to try their hardest on new challenges, and to be respectful to me and their classmates. If they do this, we are guaranteed to have a GREAT year! West Port has school-wide expectations and I use them as my personal class rules. They are:
We are Prompt
We are Prepared
We are Polite
We are Productive
Mr. Lipari's e-mail address: email@example.com
If you EVER need to contact me, I have provided my e-mail address (most efficient way for me to respond). Feel free to drop me a quick message if you have any questions or concerns and I'll be happy to respond in a timely manner. Thank you!