WELCOME TO MR. GARCIA'S ENGLISH 2 HONORS
Dear students and parents,
This message is to give you an update as to how we are going to navigate the time we will be working through distant learning.
- All notes, assignments, tests, and quizzes will be posted in Google Classroom daily.
- In the Calendar of this webpage, you will find the daily agenda of the work we will have. This agenda can also be found on the Google Classroom Stream.
- Most work will be given 5 to 7 days to be finished, and the late work policy available in the syllabus will still apply.
- Tests and quizzes will be assigned for a specific day and time for students to do. If students do not complete the test/quiz at the assigned time, they must contact me through Remind to set up an alternative date and time for a make up.
- Any time students need to contact me for questions or concerns, they will do it through Remind or throught the private comments of the corresponding assignment. I will address these from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday. I will also have Zoom sessions available for each class at specific times. The information for each class meeting is available in Google classroom and the Calendar of this webpage.
- Assignments started being posted on Tuesday, March 24th to be due on Wednesday, April 1st at 11:59 p.m. Assignments have been posted every day, and a Remind message indicating instructions was sent on March 25th with important information indicating instructions for the students. Please, refer to the Remind announcements and the Google Classroom Stream to the most updated information.
- If parents have any questions or concerns, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoping that this experience is an eriching one for everyone,
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
Period 1 Google Classroom [yrvulov]
Period 2 Google Classroom [pihvhk7]
Period 3 Google Classroom [po4gxm7]
Period 4 Google Classroom [gbd6xfu]
Period 5 Google Classroom [3anmboo]
Period 6 Google Classroom [epjiotp]
POEM (SONG) OF THE WEEK
That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou see’st the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west;
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death’s second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see’st the glowing of such fire,
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed, whereon it must expire,
Consumed with that which it was nourish’d by.
This thou perceiv’st, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well, which thou must leave ere long.
I am Mr. Garcia and I am thrilled to begin my fourteenth year teaching at West Port High!
In this website, you will be able to find everything and anything needed to be successful in English 2 Honors. In the Course Information link to the right, you will be able to find the information pertaining to the course I teach (syllabus). In the Assignments section, you will find PDFs and PowerPoint Presentations of the work done in class or work you are expected to finish at home. In the calendar, you will find the daily agenda of what is done in class and links to the same documents in the Assignments section.
I will also be using a secure texting system called Remind. Although this system will allow me to communicate with parents and students, no personal phone numbers will have to be exchanged. All you or your parents have to do to join is follow the simple instructions below:
- If you are a student in any of my morning (before ALPHA Time) English 2 Honors classes, you will text the message @48k6hhf to the number 81010. You can also send an email to @mail.remind.com.
- If you are a student in any of my afternoon (after ALPHA Time) English 2 Honors classes, you will text the message @mrgarciasu to the number 81010. You can also send an email to @mail.remind.com.