Welcome students and parents to Civics. My name is Mr. Cotton.
The following are our class procedures:
- If you are not in the classroom when the bell rings you will be counted as tardy. (No exceptions). Sign in on the classroom tardy log.
- If you are absent from class for any reason it is your responsibility to make up all missing work. (You will have 5 calendar days from the date of your return to school to make up all missing assignments, test, etc.)
- Be prepared with paper, a pen or pencil and any other materials your instructor request.
- To use the restroom, ask to be excused, Use the student restroom connected to our classroom. Do not leave the restroom area.
- Do not bring food or drink into the classroom. You may have a single bottle of water with a cap on your desk. No other type of drink will be allowed.
- You will need a folder/binder where you will keep your class assignments. Bring your folder/binder to class every day. It will be graded each nine weeks. Organization of the material within the folder will count. Mr. Cotton will provide a example of what your daily assignment should look like.
- Cell Phone Policy. Your cell phone should not be visible in the classroom at any time. If it is you will be asked to place it in the cell phone holder at the front of the class. You may charge it there, however once on the holder it will remain there until the end of the period.
Always show respect:
- To yourself by doing your best and asking for help when you need it
- To each other by not laughing or criticizing others, and
- To the teacher by not talking when he is teaching and by participating in class.
- Classwork, quizzes.....50%
- Test, projects.............40%