-Please click on the Vocab week 5 link below to download and open it
-Please read these words and definitions
-Write the words and definitions
-On another page make a sentence with each word. Making your own sentence NOT copying the example sentences.
-You can use Google for example sentences and copy them needed
week 6 vocab
Soft Skills for Career Success Video
-We are going to talk about Soft Skills for the remaining weeks on the video link below. Last week we focuced on the first soft skill only- Communication
-This week we are focusing on the 2nd Soft Skill- Being a Team Player
-Please write a paragraph on some things we did in the the classroom or out in the community that involved us being team players and tell me why it is such an important soft skill to have when working with others.
Please click on this link below for this really cool video on teamwork will talk about it on Zoom Wednesday
-Write a thank you note to your supervisor from one of your work sites. Make sure you use their name and tell them what you learned while working there. The note should be at least one page long. Send me this note as soon as you finish it.
Walmart - Dahlia Garcia
Earth Origin - Brian
Betty Cakes - Ms. Kandice
Humane Society Thrift - Ms. Monteen
Due Date 5/25/2020
1. Week 7 Vocabulary Words Please write each vocab word and definition, then write a sentence using each vocabulary word.
1. Paycheck stub- shows how much you have earned and the deductions that were taken out.
2. Gross pay- shows the amount of money you have earned before any deductions.
3. Deductions- include taxes, insurance, Social Security and Medicare.
4. Net pay- is the money you bring home after all the deductions have been taken out.
5. Budget- it is important to read your paycheck stub to know how much money you have to pay your bills.
2. Write a paragraph on your experience of virtual learning and the pros and cons of being at home. What have you learned from this experience?
Due Date 5/29/2020
We have talked about 2 of the soft skills from the video link below, Communication and Being a Team Player. Please finish watching the video below and tell me the last 3 soft skills listed in the video.
-Number your paper from 1-5, copy 1 and 2 and fill in 3-5.
2. Being a Team Player
This is the end of our assignments this year. I hope you all have a Great summer and I look forward to seeing you in the fall!