Kristin Altobello - School Counselor - Grades 1st, 3rd and 5th
Updates Due To School Closure
Please click on and view the Guidance PowerPoint below for contact and other important information. During this time, I will answer emails between 7:45-2:05 Monday - Friday. Also, I will be available to return phone calls from 9:00 am -10:00 am as well as 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Please remember to take care of yourself and your family.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
Helpful Resources During School Closure
(click on link above)
Direct Links to Social-Emotional Learning, Self-Care, and Mindfulness Resources for Students and Families:
- Brain Pop SEL
- Child Digital Safety and COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute: Resources for Parents
- Learning at Home: Activities and Resources (Spanish Version)
- Lessons for SEL
- Parent Resource for Talking to Kids About COVID-19(Spanish Version)
- Parent Resource for Talking to Kids About COVID-19 – Students with Special Needs
Direct Links and Contacts to Community Mental Health Partners:
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741
- Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-500-1110
- Marion County Counseling Services Availabilities
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) or 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK)
- The Centers
- The Centers Telehealth Services
The Centers, Inc., School-Based Counseling Services
Student Counseling Services remain available to students; however, we have expanded telehealth services and are shifting to virtual options for care as an alternative to in-school visits.
The Centers, Inc., Mobile Response Team (MRT)
The Mobile Response Team (MRT) provides professional, same-day intervention for individuals who are experiencing mental health crises. The team visits clients and their families to prevent acute psychiatric crises from becoming emergencies that require law enforcement involvement or involuntary hospitalization.
Mobile Response Team hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (352) 402-2890.
Crisis Teams are available for children, youth and adults, regardless of their ability to pay.