All assignments will be listed under Google Classroom
I hope all is well. We will be doing a new way of learning through distant learning. I will do my best to help you and your child navigate at our “google classroom” at home, where all your child’s assignments will be added. SO far I have added two weeks worth of work. Next week I will be adding two more weeks of assignments and materials to my google classroom. It is important that you pace your child when working on the assignments and not wait till the weekend to do all the assignments. Please take a picture of the assignments (pdf) your child has completed independently and send this to me via class dojo or email it to me. So that your child can receive a grade for the assignment he/she has completed. Please use the following steps to log your child onto our google classroom. You will need to do this on a computer. Also please use the “google chrome” web browser for this process. If you did not get a chance to complete the technology survey, I will need the following information. Your child's first and last name and the best contact number. Our admin will be contacting you and be providing you with a scheduled time to pick up the device.
- Go to marionschools.net and click onto the MCPS Desktop Icon (top right hand corner of the page).
- Have your child log onto their mcps desktop by typing their example username: jane.doe and password:
I will send you this information via class dojo (3/31/2020).
- On the bottom you will see a left and right arrow. Click on the right arrow until you see the word “Google Apps.” Click on “Google Apps” and then you will see an icon for “google classroom.”
- In order to do this next step you will need to make sure you log off of your gmail or google account. Then you will need to sign into your child’s google account.
Username: email@example.com password: the same as when your child log onto the mcps desktop.
- Once you are on google classroom please respond to my post. After you respond to my post click on the “Classwork” tab (top of the page in blue). You will see your child’s assignment listed by subject. Click on each assignment under each subject for materials and directions.
- Where to find Social Studies Weekly and Think Central? On your student mcps desktop click the right arrow and find the etextbook tab on the bottom of the page. Click etextbook then the Social Studies and/or Think Central icon. Where to find Stemscopes? Click the right arrow until you see “programs” on the bottom then click the stemscopes.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free email me at Amy.Ratanavong@marion.k12.fl.us
Note: Please come by the front office between 8AM-1PM to pick up two weeks worth of downloadable copies of work, I have listed under assignments in my google classroom. You will see a box with my name on it. Please look for your child's ziploc bag. In my google classroom you will see the pacing set for each assignments. I will be in contact with you when you can come pick up the next two weeks of downloadable copies of your child's classwork.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.